/dist/images/branding/favicon

If rumored next iPhone with triple lens (Superwide) appears...

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by John Chu, Apr 26, 2019.

1. John Chu

John Chu Active Member

If the next iPhone with the triple camera module rumor proves correct and includes a super-wide angle lens, we can ditch adding external lenses and the unwieldy balancing weight set. (Although I love how the extra mass makes the MCR rig more stable).

Can you imagine having all three focal lengths available with a press of button?

I was kind of looking at getting the iPhone XR as a refurb later this year, but if the triple threat lens iPhone appears... Yowza!

Please, let this rumor be true!

2. Pavel Houda

Pavel Houda Member

Except if you like an anamorphic lens.

3. Dave Johns

Dave Johns New Member

Triple lens seems to be the path the new iPhone is on. Looking forward to the kool-aid festival this fall.
    And I agree, Pavel, I do like that anamorphic lens. I have their other lenses, but rarely use them at this point. If I grab one, it's the anamorphic.

John Chu and Pavel Houda like this.
  4. John Chu

John Chu Active Member

I have the anamorphic and loved how well it works with the MCR and Filmic Pro.

I did think for a period of time that full scope aspect “film” shouldn’t be moving. (Aesthetically)

I thought it should be locked off and the viewer just appreciate the widescreen compositions.

Happy to realize my thinking is wrong. It is fun!