/dist/images/branding/favicon

Modified successfully Remote control distance reaches 1 km

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by ShiYingNan, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Mark Hoffman

Mark Hoffman Active Member

Is this what you are using pDDL900-2.php ? I would buy one from you but I'm afraid if there is a risk of damage to the MoVI controller it would become a certainty if I were doing the conversion.

2. ShiYingNan

ShiYingNan Member

The principle is probably the same
    First, the non standard baud rate used by freefly when designing controller is 11111111.
    But XBEE s1pro is the standard baud rate 115200
    So you just need to find a data transmission station that is big enough and not too late.
    This process needs to replace the transmitter module in movi controller.
    And replace the modules in the controller receiver
    The modules inside movi controller are very good because they are almost plug and play because they are not welded.But the controller receiver is welded. You need to remove the original XBEe.

Matt Beardsley likes this.
  3. Matt Beardsley

Interesting mod! On my little FPV quads, I've really been impressed with Team Blacksheep's Crossfire 900 MHz radios. I'm using a Crossfire Micro Tx and Nano Rx. It won't loose signal at any distance that my 5.8 GHz video goes, even with sub-optimal antenna placement and plenty of urban interference – RSSI rarely dips below the high 90s, especially at any range I'd actually fly a cinema drone with a Movi. Of course, on the FPV builds, the radio is only passing along 8 or 9 channels for control and sending back telemetry, so nothing as sophisticated as Movi Controller. Based on my experience with FPV, as well as Inspire 2, A3 Pro, etc., it is pretty unusual to have a control signal limit range and not video signal.

4. Mark Hoffman

Mark Hoffman Active Member

Matt Beardsley likes this.
  5. Matt Beardsley

Yes indeed. I was so excited to see that announced; I ordered it immediately! I'll stick one on our drone as soon as it comes in and do some range testing. Can't wait!