/dist/images/branding/favicon

Is development dead on this?

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Cedric Young, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Cedric Young

Cedric Young New Member

no update for months, feature requests are ignored, beta is expiring and no updates whatsoever.

I bought into one of the most expensive mobile gimbal robot in the market with promise of features and support, I had this for a year, and development looks dead. Everything was basically same as when this comes out last April.

Hack I even saw the moment guys testing this with some beta software that de-squeeze the video and even that support hasn't rolled out ... they showed it on youtube!!

Disappointed.

2. John Chu

John Chu Active Member

I think some communication from the Freefly Team would be most welcome here. Without that, we are left to speculate.

3. Marc Smith

Marc Smith New Member

A few weeks ago I Direct messaged freefly on their IG Accoun and asked about app updates. Here is their response. ⬇️

“App updates will be coming for sure! Firmware updates for Movi are few and far between. Stay tuned!”

Pavel Houda and viktor manshtein like this.
  4. viktor manshtein

viktor manshtein New Member

A few weeks ago, I sent a Freefly message and asked how to eliminate the roll down from the left side when the Roll was locked? There is still no answer. And it saddens and disappoints in the brand. I would gladly send them to the ass my unfinished toy, but I no longer have this opportunity. It is an toy, because you cannot call it a serious device.

Pavel Houda likes this.
  5. Cedric Young

Cedric Young New Member

This has been a month long answer from freefly...

6. Dave Johns

Dave Johns New Member

I swear in the haze of just waking up this morning, I saw a Movi TestFlight notice on my iPhone X notification screen. When I clicked on it... nothing seemed to have changed. Still have current beta and a 10 day countdown. It's not nice to confuse old, tired guys.

Pavel Houda and viktor manshtein like this.
  7. Eric Aerts

Eric Aerts New Member

Why not give a clear answer? It seems that you guys at Freefly Systems have other priorities the fixing and updating the Movi Cimema Robot.

Pavel Houda likes this.
  8. viktor manshtein

Today I received this device:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...d_s2bk01eu0001_s2_smartphone_handle_grip.html

It is much easier to vibrate, 10 times cheaper, easy to set up, does not collapse the horizon and is very easy to use.
    I will use it, not Movi.
    Once again, I regret that there is no way to get my Movi back. I never received a response from the support service regarding the lined horizon. Month they are silent. I do not advise anyone to contact Movi, these guys do not know and do not understand what they are doing, and look like rogues (((

Pavel Houda likes this.
  9. Jani Kiviranta

Jani Kiviranta New Member

I got info from customer service, that development is active, live and kicking. And update is coming as soon as possible. So nothing more to do than crossing the fingers and wait.

Pavel Houda and Marc Smith like this.
  10. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

I'm not here to represent or comment for the product development team (features, release dates, etc), I just want to make sure that everyone that contacts our Support Team gets a response. We don't ignore our customers.

• Firstly, the answer to your question about roll has been posted on the forum already, on Oct. 25th.
    • Secondly, and more importantly: I'm concerned that it sounds like your message didn't make it through to us. I don't see any requests from you about roll behavior in our support system. The last message we see from you came in from the Movi website form, in December, about app permissions.
      • On this most recent contact, did you send us an email, or use one of the contact forms on our website to reach out?

Eduardo Cisneros and Marc Smith like this.
  11. Ryan Hawley

Ryan Hawley Member

I just wanted to chime in with my experiences, as I've been a customer of Freefly's since the M5 launched years ago. Personally, I've had nothing but top-notch service from Freefly. True, I became a customer for the gimbals, which is a bit more investment than a stabilizer for a phone - but Freefly has always stood by their product in my personal experience.

I do own and regularly utilize the movi for my phone, and have never had issues with Freefly. I'll also vouch for Bryan Edmonds - he genuinely cares and goes out of his way to make sure every customer is heard. You may not always be happy with the answer (Freefly cannot possibly satisfy every demand and that's just the way it is) but Bryan works hard to follow up and get back to people. At least he did for me as I had a lot of questions around a discontinued product - and Bryan was patient, timely and gave me the advice and direction for solving the problem.

Just remember - this forum is not the best place to source Freefly support - you have to put in a ticket for that and follow up. This forum is for users.

12. Marc Smith

Marc Smith New Member

I agree with Ryan. I was having Issues with mine a while back and their tech support was on point. I even found a “backdoor” number and talked to them on the phone. I think we need a bit of faith that they will follow through. But I also been on the other side of end development with the 3dr solo and GoPro drones that ended after I dropped lots of money on their products. I think freefly is a way better company. But I agree with everyone else on it’s been super quiet for a while now.

13. viktor manshtein

I hope that the Chinese will soon make a Movi clone, which will be 5 times cheaper, combine it with all advanced programs, and will be a mobile holiday for mobile cinematographers, and Movi bought by me will be gathering dust on the shelf in the form of a monument to the irresponsibility and lack of talent of the American manufacturer that makes the best drones that the Chinese will soon get too. It all starts with little things (((

14. Marc Smith

Marc Smith New Member

Check the movi IG account. The announced a alpha app. It looks like it has a ton of new features. U need to DM them on instagram.

Pavel Houda and Dave Johns like this.
  15. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Viktor: While I understand your underlying frustration, the sentiments you express and the manner of that expression are completely inappropriate for a Freefly support forum such as this. Your comments do nothing to advance the discussion and are merely a rant.

Consider yourself put on notice that if you make one more posting with this kind of animus in it you will be banned from the forum. Whether you are banned is therefore up to you and your next posting.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Stefan Timm and Marc Smith like this.
  16. Pavel Houda

Pavel Houda Member

I'm sorry Marc, but I don't understand your input. Was there a new Movi App announcement somewhere? If so, where? Are you suggesting that there are more details available directly from Freefly? How exactly do you contact them? I am sorry, but I am not very familiar with Instagram, even though I do have an account. I would appreciate your advice.

Marc Smith likes this.
  17. Dave Johns

Dave Johns New Member

In the Instagram mobile app, you will see Stories along the top from others that you follow. Or you can look for movicinemarobot and tap their icon. When you do that, their latest story will start and you will see about joining the Movi Alpha Group. Basically, just get on IG and send them a private message that you're wanting to be part of the group.

Pavel Houda and Marc Smith like this.
  18. Pavel Houda

Pavel Houda Member

Thank you Dave, I appreciate your help. I sent them a message. I didn’t get an answer from them yet, but assuming that the introductory page are the highlights, I see lots of great new functions.

#18 Pavel Houda, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  19. Cedric Young

Cedric Young New Member

Looks like at least the beta app has been renewed, would like to see continues development on this since there were quite a bit fo commitment from the release that has yet to come to reality and many of us bought into this as a platform and its vision to have continuous improvement, and it is overdue for some good new features. For me I would like to see Roll trim to be a formal feature (not beta) and I would like to see the desqueeze feature for anamorphic to be there for the moment lens (which I seen demoed in a video with the moment team).

20. viktor manshtein

With the help of Pavel, I still got the beta version.
    Although the program itself is still rather weak, but using another program I can shoot with an even horizon. I again begin to love my Movi ;-)