/dist/images/branding/favicon

M10 Tilt shaking in Smooth & Majestic

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Thomas Vinrich, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Thomas Vinrich

Thomas Vinrich New Member

Hi folks,

I need your lights regarding a tilt problem on my Movi M10.
    I've well balanced my 5D on 3 axis and turn on. After balancing, it appears that tilt don't know what is going on and shake too much in smooth lock & majestic modes.
    Chart screen inform 41% for tilt when roll and pan are about 1-2%, cuz first balance is good.

Even after an autotune process, M10 tilt makes these types of shakes in both modes, Smooth Lock AND Majestic...

Have you got an idea or solution please ?

PS: Video in the Zip file was made in Majestic mode.

Attached Files:

2. Reto Schmidli

Reto Schmidli New Member

Hi, did you have solve this problem?
    Have the same problem with the tilt on m10..

3. Robert Ruffo

Robert Ruffo Member

Whether in Majestic or other modes - the problem has the same cause: Your Tilt balance is likely not as good as you may think it. Sometimes front to back may seem balanced, but that doesn't mean you have properly adjusted camera height. As the camera tilts up and down, if height is set even slightly incorrectly, there is varying strain on the motors.

In this case, in neutral level camera position, the Stiffness value set is fine, but then when it tilts and weight is distributed differently, the Stiffness value becomes incorrect, and so you get vibrations.

Simply better balance your camera, then Tilt up and down (on Majestic or via remote) and makes sure there is no vibration. If there is, decrease Tilt Stiffness or increase Tilt Filter until there is no more vibration no matter where the camera is pointed.

No mater how well balanced your camera may be, it is never absolutely perfect (it's a real world object after all), and there is always some variation in how much strain there is in different camera pointing directions. That's why it's necessary to check Stiffness in all directions.

Also make double sure that your cam is tightly screwed in - loose elements on your Movi are the frequent cause of vibration, and when titled, the camera is more likely to angle a bit loose from the mount.

Adding cork to the bottom of your camera can be very helpful in keeping things snug and not rattling-prone. Also try to screw in using two screws, if your camera allows that.