/dist/images/branding/favicon

Wheels + Majestic Mode

Discussion in 'MōVI Wheels' started by Ryan Hamelin, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Ryan Hamelin

Ryan Hamelin Member

Hey guys!

From our limited testing with our brand new MoVi Wheels (very nice build quality btw) it seems that the wheels will only take over control when the control interface is switched into "Remote" mode.

Wondering if there's any way to force the controller to use one of the wheels as the Tilt control in a "Smooth Lock" dual operator situation so that the gimbal op can control majestic pan and the remote operator can control the tilt from the wheels.

There's no mention of Majestic mode in the Wheels manual, and I haven't found a settings combination between the wheels/controller/MoVi Pro that achieves this.

Thanks!

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I think I'm able to do this with my Alpha Wheels with SBus XR. Just turn the dial on for Tilt, and leave the other dial in the middle and Pan stays Majestic. Not sure how I'd do it with your Movi Wheels setup though.

3. Ryan Hamelin

Ryan Hamelin Member

Hey Graham,

Sad to hear this may only be possible with the Alpha Wheels, since we just bought the MoVi Wheels and never assumed there'd be any functionality loss over the standard MoVi controller when using the wheels.

Here is the response from support, which as you can see, is a lot of minutiae about correct terminology that doesn't actually answer the question: