/dist/images/branding/favicon

OSD shows wrong height

Discussion in 'ALTA 8' started by Reiel Lien Bruland, Feb 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Reiel Lien Bruland

Reiel Lien Bruland New Member

Hi!

Im having some trouble with my OSD. after boot it shows -55 on the OSD. I cant seem to find a good place to reset this, also i belived that it was suppose to reset on every boot.

Any similar problems or tips out here?

Thanks!
    -R

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Reiel: That's the first time I've seen that issue. You might want to open up a ticket with Freefly Support and the best way of doing that is to head over to https://freeflysystems.com/contact

That said, when their workload permits, I do know that Freefly technical support will occasionally review some of the threads on the forum, but opening up a ticket really is the optimal way to get support.

Oh...and I presume that you are at sea level and not 55 feet below? :rolleyes:

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Reiel Lien Bruland

Hi Andy!

Thanks for getting back to me, the support staff answered very quickly so we are trying to solve this!

hehe, im afraid not.. I think even if i was it should reset on arming motors no? ;)

I'll post the solution here!

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Reiel: Yes. My understanding is that the pressure transducer's reading, whatever it is, is taken to be surface height when the motors arm, so it's a bit of a mystery why the OSD would then show -55 feet.

I'll be interested to hear the resolution of the issue, though.
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Reiel Lien Bruland

So, just as expected.. Armed motors and the height meter reset.

such a waste of your time.. hope you had a little fun at least :)

thanks for the hangout!

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Thanks for letting us know. I'd watch the OSD with some suspicion for the next few flights....

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

7. Daniel Waghorne

Reiel, I was having the same issue. At boot, the Alta 8 would read -167ft on the OSD. Arming motors has always reset it to 0. This has been going on for 4 months, and I haven't noticed any negative side effects other than being thrown off when I forget it does this haha.

Reiel Lien Bruland likes this.
  8. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

Hi suspect that barometric pressure changes foul up the display until the motor start. It’s always work that way for my Alta 6 and my Alta 8.