/dist/images/branding/favicon

Portable battery for Movi CR

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Alessandro Guida, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Alessandro Guida

Alessandro Guida New Member

Which specifications should I look for on a portable battery that would be able to charge my CR?

thank you!

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Aleguida, welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

As to your question, any battery that is capable of providing USB power -- so 5 volts at 1.5 to 2.0 amps. The Movi expects to be connected just to a simple USB port.

Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Alessandro Guida

Alessandro Guida New Member

For example if I use a Anker PowerCore Lite 20000 (Capacity: 20000mAh/74Wh / USB-C/Micro USB Input: 5V=2A / Output: 5V=4.8A (3A Max Per Port) is it ok? How many charges can I expect from the external battery?

thank you!

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Allesandro: That should work fine -- it just presents to the Movi as though it was a USB socket.

I don't really know how many charges you're likely to get, but with 20 Amp hours, I would think "quite a few" -- it really depends on how discharged the Movi's batteries are when you recharge.

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Alessandro Guida likes this.