/dist/images/branding/favicon

blackjack + 360 roll + gamepad = weird controls when at 90°

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Iacopo Boccalari, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Iacopo Boccalari

Iacopo Boccalari New Member

I've just bought a Movi Pro and I'm using a frsky Taranis (+ sbus receiver) connected to it.

I'd like to control the roll axis the way shown in this video I hope this feature is not limited to movi controller only

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

3. Iacopo Boccalari

Thanks Graham for your reply!

I bought a playstation ds4 controller and everything seemed to work just fine, then I realised I'm having a problem with controlling pan when in portrait orientation.

The movi roll is set to 360 mode + snap, while tilt is set to majestic, ds4 controller connected to mimic and set to dual mode.
    To avoid gimbal lock I rotate the movi 90 degrees while I give it some roll input via the controller, so far so good.
    The movi is now in a state where the camera is in portrait mode and stabilised on each axis, if I give it a pan input, the camera pans, but if I give it a tilt input the camera pans as well, instead of tilting.
    If I keep on rolling so that the camera is upside down, the controls are back to normal.
    Is there anything wrong with my setup?

4. Iacopo Boccalari

here is a quick video showing the problem whith the movi mounted at a 90° angle