/dist/images/branding/favicon

Best way to transport Movi Cinema Robot?

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Laura Conover, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Laura Conover

Laura Conover New Member

One thing I've found to be a tad bit awkward is transporting the Movi Cinema Robot in my current day trip bag. For those who travel with their Movi often, do you have any suggestions on good ways to stow the Movi when it's not in use and you're out and about?

Is there any way to safely and quickly stow it with an attachment it to a backpack strap, for example, so it's quick to get to and set up, or put aside when you're going back to still photography? Maybe one of those modular camera clips could be attached..somewhere?

Does it hurt the Movi if the arm unlocks and swings about when you're walking - should that be secured in the closed position if it's potentially bouncing about?

I'm also curious if anyone has found a good case for packing up the Movi when it's not being actively used (ie: in a suitcase) - like a zipperable case where all the weights and the Movi could live without rattling about too much. I was a little bummed when one of the set of Movi components came in a nice foam box, but without a way to hold it shut. (Yeah, rubber bands or velcro is okay, but, I am hoping for a slightly more polished solution.)

Just curious what people are using to keep things organized. :)

-L

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I use this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CF5OHZ2/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It stores the Movi with the camera mounted and you can adjust the partition so that it doesn't swing about.

Hope this helps
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Chris_Bernard

Chris_Bernard New Member

4. Laura Conover

Laura Conover New Member

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

5. viktor manshtein

viktor manshtein New Member