/dist/images/branding/favicon

Trying to upgrade to lastest firmware on my Movi Pro using iPHONE XR

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Adam Brennan, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

I am trying to use the app on my iPhone and it connects to my movi pro but keeps on disconnecting after the download of the firmware starts. What is going on?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Adam: One possibility is that you're working in a radio-frequency "noisy" environment -- with lots of stuff operating on or near the same frequencies as the connection between the iPhone and the MoVI Pro. Do you happen to be near any other WiFi nodes, have florescent lights in the ceiling above you, etc. -- anything like that can kick out a fair amount of RF interference.

Is there another location you could try the firmware upgrade in?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

It's disconnecting because you need to update the Bluetooth firmware on your Pro to fix the changes Apple made in iOS 11.

The easiest way to do this is via microSD. You can find the instructions and a link to the Bluetooth firmware file in this Knowledge Base article.