/dist/images/branding/favicon

Awfully quiet since the last beta release...

Discussion in 'Movi Beta App' started by John Chu, Jan 4, 2019.

1. John Chu

John Chu Active Member

Any word on when to expect the next version of the Movi beta to try out?

Would love to try out anamorphic preview/support.

Where is everybody? :)

Akin Oshoko and Eric Aerts like this.
  2. Kevin P Riley

Kevin P Riley Active Member

I poste a support request yesterday, letting the know the current iOS beta would expire in a few days, this is the response I got.

“Thank you for contacting Freefly Support! I do know that the development timeline was pushed back because of unforeseen staffing issues, but our app developers are working hard on the next feature set release!

We'll make sure that the current beta release build is renewed this week, so that you don't have any lapse in use, and we'll get new features released as soon as they are ready.”

3. Andrea Bolzoni

Andrea Bolzoni New Member

Hi. My Freefly Movi Cinema Robot and counterweight has just arrived. I’ve start today to practice with it and my iPhone XS. I like it. But I must be honest. It’s just like to have a Ferrari F1 with Ford Focus’s tires. And the problem everybody knows is the App. I’ve got a Moment Anamorphic lens ...but I can’t desqueeze in the Movi App...I like to change the Anamorphic lens position (just to use the Telephoto lens of the phone), but on the Movi App I can’t select the Tele lens...I like to set 1/24 for the shutter speed in low lights, but in Movi App you can’t change it, I must control or just know the ISO value, but in Movi App I just can bet it’s value...and I stop.
    So please, please, please Freefly, update seriously the Movi App or let us control the Cinema Robot from Filmic Pro. But not in 2020 or 2021. Now. I’ve spent my money now, suppose is my right to know how long does it takes to let us use all the potential of the Movi Cinema Robot. Hope that someone in Freefly can please read and answer. I’ve trust in Freefly. Not be able to use the Movi controls because I must switch to Filmic Pro, to get better controls and risults, it Makes me crazy.

4. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback. Currently, we are targeting to release few updates for the camera in February. Let me know if you are interested in getting early access and help with testing.

Scott Stevenson and Marc Smith like this.
  5. Andrea Bolzoni

6. John Chu

John Chu Active Member

I'm already on the beta.. but sure provision to me to receive pre-beta access. Especially for anamorphic support.

Andrea Bolzoni likes this.
  7. Andrea Bolzoni

I’m already a beta tester. What should I do to have the next February beta-update?

8. Jani Kiviranta

Jani Kiviranta New Member

I'm also available for beta testing, if needed. I'm using Moment lenses.

9. Stefan Fischer

Stefan Fischer New Member

Also available and moment anamorphic lense user.

10. Michel Ulmann

Michel Ulmann New Member

I'm also a beta tester who would be happy to also test pre-beta release. I also have all moment lenses and filters with my iPhone Xs Max, if that helps.

11. Christian Robinson

Christian Robinson New Member

Current beta user with iPhone 8+ and Moment Lenses. Willing and ready to help with testing.

12. Venkata Sri Kartheek Dalapathi

Hi all, is there any update on the app ? its really quite.

13. Scott Stevenson

Scott Stevenson New Member

Hi, though I’d chime in as a long time reader and first time poster on this forum keen to get my hands on trying the new beta. Running a new xs max iPhone and all the moment lenses.
    If there is anything I can do to help let me know

14. Jani Kiviranta

Jani Kiviranta New Member

What is the situation of development? It’s been really quiet and beta version has not got any updates lately. Little update would be appreciated.

John Chu likes this.