/dist/images/branding/favicon

Anybody on the forum fly VR 360 cameras?

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Jason Smoker, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Hi everybody i built a VR 360 camera gimbal using old cinestar parts.

the camera is insta360 Pro 2

if you fly them let see your rigs!!

heres mine

Attached Files:

Shaun Stanton likes this.
  2. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

That's a cool setup. Oddly enough, the very last paid job I ever did with my Cinestar X8 was a 3D VR gig just short of three years ago. I wish we had a setup like that. Instead ours was a little more archaic. We got hit up from a client to fly a ball of GoPro Hero 4 Blacks on a telescoping monopod. I had no idea if it would even work. We had no time to meet them and do any tests. It was a pure crap shoot the day we showed up. We connected the mono pod with a locking hook to the frame. We had to straddle the mono pod to the landing gear legs using bungee cords. It was not an elegant solution at all. There was a good chance in my mind that the FC would not like a 7 foot pole hanging from the bottom. Oddly enough it worked, with no gimbal what I had to do was let go of the sticks and let it be carried with the wind.

I cant seem to find any pics of the setup. It was a neat send off for that rigs final flight before retiring it.

3. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

thanks Shaun,
    this thing flies like a pendulum its a little too bottom heavy but if you fly it nice and slow its not a problem. I figure its not meant to fly fast just give me the shot! thanks for the reply

Shaun Stanton likes this.