/dist/images/branding/favicon

Quick release lever

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by steve g, Dec 28, 2018.

1. steve g

steve g New Member

Anyone have an extra quick release lever you would be willing to sell ? I have a cracked lever I'd like to replace. It can be used, that's no problem. On FF's site, you have to buy the entire kit for $50.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Did you try emailing Freefly Support to see if they can help you out? Your M10 lever is probably different than the newer ones, depending on the age.

3. steve g

steve g New Member

Freefly sells a $50 replacement kit and I only need (1) release lever. I asked if they would sell me a used one and they declined. I'll find out if the newer ones are compatible. thanks for trying to help.

4. Hi steve g , welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

Also, in regard to your inquiry about needing a "used" lever. Freefly does not sell 'used' parts and assemblies for obvious reasons.

If you do not wish to acquire the complete MōVI Legacy Spare Parts Kit, we recommend you take advantage of the SEARCH tool on the Freefly online store, and enter the word 'lever'.

Doing so will reveal the results found below...

https://store.freeflysystems.com/search?type=product&q=lever

Thanks,

Freefly Technical Support.

5. steve g

steve g New Member

Chris,

I had emailed you about the single broken lever that I wanted to replace and you sent me a link to purchase a $46 + shipping kit with parts and accessories that I did not need.

Further, in your email you wrote, "unfortunately we do not sell those as individual items." but now in fact, you are sending me a link to that very same individual item for $9 that you said FF doesn't carry. Can you appreciate how unhappy I would be with your customer service ?

Steve

6. steve,

We would be happy to clear up any confusion on the matter.

When you initially contacted us there was no information on what specific part assembly you needed. In addition you asked for a "clip", not a 'lever'.

Due to the non-specific nature of your initial inquiry into Freefly support, we happily made the suggestion/recommendation to acquire the
    MōVI Legacy Spare Parts Kit.

You said...

Further, in your email you wrote, "unfortunately we do not sell those as individual items." but now in fact, you are sending me a link to that very same individual item for $9 that you said FF doesn't carry.

The statement we made was accurate. Freefly does not sell individual levers, as a 'single item'. We still do not sell individual (Single) levers. As you can see by looking at the $9 kit, it does not contain an individual lever. It is also a kit, that contains 5 Large Quick Release levers, and 2 Small Quick Release levers. Not one (1) single individual lever that you asked for initially, as a single item. That kit is only $9, not $50.

If you do not wish to purchase either of the two available kits, the $46 we suggested before, or the less expensive $9 kit, that is of course your prerogative.

If you have any further questions/comments/concerns, please email us at support@freeflysystems.com.

Thanks, and Happy New Year.

7. steve g

steve g New Member

Chris,

After followup emails, it was understood that I was referring to a lever; you're omitting that part of the story.

After all the emails, you never offered the $9 kit even after you knew what part I was interested in replacing. The only option you presented was the $48 bag of legacy parts I clearly didn't need and instead of offering an apology, you reply with corrections and debate.

Attached Files: