/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro batteries and charger

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Wiktor Palanowski, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Wiktor Palanowski

Wiktor Palanowski New Member

Good day all,
    Does anyone knows why my chargers are taking so long to charge my bateries, and why the red/green light is blinking from the beging. It wasn't like that, but two months ago I've put them to charge and I tought because they were empty, but it kept on going. Thank's

2. Chris Ray

Chris Ray New Member

They could have gone bad if you didn’t discharge them properly. I didn’t discharge mine and they read 80%, but stopped working.

3. Wiktor Palanowski

But all of them??? Couldn't be the problem on the charger? Is there any way to repair it, like discharge and charge them again, what's the best way to discharge the batteries, using on the movi? Regards Chris

4. Chris Ray

Chris Ray New Member

Yeah, unfortunately it’s most likely all of them. All 10 of mine went bad at once. The only way to discharge them is right now is to run them down on the MoviPro before you store them. I know CoreSWX is making a charger that can also discharge.

I ended up switching to the Ignite Digi TB-50 set up for power because I get way longer run time and they automatically discharge.

5. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

If you stored all of them at full charge, they would slowly decline in performance the longer you stored them. They're LiPo batteries, which are light and powerful, but with that comes a lot of caution.

I also switched to the Ignite Digi TB50 battery setup. It's expensive to re-buy your whole battery system, but it completely revitalized my Movi Pro. I also now have more onboard power for accessories or power-hungry cameras that the Movi couldn't power through the on-board D-Taps, because there's a 24V Lemo Output directly from the batteries. The DJI batteries will probably fail eventually too, but they have double the capacity of the Movi batts, and they self-discharge for storage if you let them sit for a week.

Brandon Obey likes this.
  6. Wiktor Palanowski

Thanks for your attention.

7. Brandon Obey

Brandon Obey Member

Don’t forget the Ignite Digi Power Adapter? This allows you to use any V-Mount, Gold Mount, or Block Batteries you already own, in case you do not want to reinvest in DJI batteries.

I had a Technocrane Job where we were in long setups, so glad I had the Power Adapter so we didn’t have to rely on Lipos

#7 Brandon Obey, Dec 26, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  8. Wiktor Palanowski

Thank's Brandon for your reply. Cheers, Wiktor

9. Wiktor Palanowski

Hi Brandon, I've been at Ignite Digi's site and I couldn't find the power adapter, do you have a link of it? Thanks again Wiktor

10. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I think they discontinued those adapters. They think the TB 50 adapters are much more practical. The old adapters require larger than 120wH camera batteries, if I recall correctly.

11. Wiktor Palanowski

I think is the same adapter that freefly has. Thanks anyway.