/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro Actong Strange

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Brandon Haynes, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Brandon Haynes

Brandon Haynes New Member

0749137F-684F-47F5-8003-12E926928CAE.png 6BBDC7EC-36F0-455F-87E1-4D70AD20375F.png So I have been having some issues lately with my MōVI Pro. Hope you guys can give some clarity on this.

The Menu screen has been strange as of lately. It has been coming up pixelated when I turn on the Movi and the booting has become significantly slower than previously.

Second issue is when I turn it on and autotune it the pan axis is wonky. If I move the Movi on the ring to the left or right it goes out of control and doesn’t want to stabilize. My pan window is set to 10 with a smooth of 10. Everything else is fine. The camera is balance correctly. Sometimes this happens and other times it will operate fine after a tune. When it gets all crazy going left to right violently I have to set the stiffness to 0 to stop it. Also to level out the noise I have to turn my filter all the way up. Right now I may have a 7-8 lb load on the Movi for testing purposes.

Third issue when I turn it on a steady surface I get the message that a motion boot is needed but it is not moving it is completely stationary and static. Why?

What can be going on with my Movi Pro?

2. Brandon Haynes

More footage and photos.

Movi Pro After Auto Tune at 60 Percent

Movi Pro with No Camera Swinging Violently

Movi Pro Balanced Correctly

Attached Files:

3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I would contact Freefly support. I haven't seen this issue, especially with the glitchy screen. Maybe bad firmware or SD Card? Or maybe a bad component?

4. Brandon Haynes

Thanks for chiming in. Yeah I haven’t come across this myself either. Been using Movi Pro for a while and all smooth sailing for the most part.

I thought it was SD Card/Firmware but just used a brand new card and updated the firmware to Blackjack and the problem still continues.

In talks right now with Chris from Freefly as we speak.

Thanks again.

Wilson R. de Oliveira likes this.
  5. Ryan Hawley

Ryan Hawley Member

When you get it solved - which really hoping you do - can you share the cause / solution (or whatever info you get) here for future reference? I think these forums are a great resource for users when solutions, or at least, follow up information is posted. :)

6. Brandon Haynes

Will do!

Wilson R. de Oliveira likes this.