/dist/images/branding/favicon

Height and Position Mode Newb Questions

Discussion in 'ALTA 8' started by Daniel Waghorne, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Daniel Waghorne

First off, thanks to everyone for all their answers so far to all my many questions. I've got a few questions about height and position mode now that I'm not seeing the answers to in the Alta 8 manual.

When flying my Alta 8 and entering Height Mode, it's holding height wonderfully. The manual says you should be able to adjust the Maximum Climb Rate as it "sets the maximum speed ALTA 8 will climb at full throttle stick deflection in Height Mode", however, after any adjustment to the MCR I have no throttle control in Height Mode once I've entered it. If I throttle up, nothing happens. If I drop the throttle to the bottom, nothing happens. The craft maintains height regardless of my throttle position. Why is this?

In Position Mode, I have no control over anything and the drone hovers in place. I'm assuming this is Position Hold, but I'm not seeing anything in the manual about how to get out of Position Hold and into Position Mode.

Thanks, and I appreciate you all for putting up with newbie questions!

2. Rolands Zelders

Hmm, intresting. I have never experienced anything like you wrote. Not the height hold in height mode and not the position hold in position mode. I'am not sure if max climb rate even works in height mode, I have used it in position mode where it works as expected. You set up the max speed you want. Most of the time position hold for me is too shaky but still it holds the position as mentioned.

Answering your question. To me, looks like there is an issue with your ALTA's channel mapping.

3. Daniel Waghorne

Channel mapping was the issue. Remapped the clamps and it's golden now. Thanks!