/dist/images/branding/favicon

Red RCP cable & Red start/stop cable

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Tyler Oxendine, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Gerfried Guggi and Bryan Edmonds like this.
  2. Gerfried Guggi

Gerfried Guggi New Member

got this cable last week, I think it should work with most RED configurations on MoVI.

I also want to point out, since a few guys in this thread had problems getting the RCP connection to work: I had the same problem. Communication protocol in RED was set. Tried for half an hour without success, then I reset the MoVI to the Freefly default settings in the configuration loader (I had built the in-app configuration from a previous profile). Worked instantly and I just reentered my stiffness values and other settings.

3. MaxBest

MaxBest New Member

Hello! I have a RED Scarlet W 5K. It has DSMC2 BASE EXPANDER and RED DSMC2 Jetpack Expander (HDMI). How do I connect a universal Start-Stop cable? I use movi controller, movi m10, movi controller receiver and start-stop cable. When I press the REC button on the movi controller, the red light on the universal start-stop cable flashes once. But the camera isn't responding.

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Does it work on either of the expander modules, either the JetPack or the Base Expander? I think those two modules use different run/stop protocols, and Red changed their protocol after the original Base Expander.

RCP control is different from Run Stop.