/dist/images/branding/favicon

Thread for beta testers of the Movi Android App.

Discussion in 'Movi Beta App (Android)' started by Andy Johnson-Laird, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Ken Melander

Ken Melander New Member

You can do something similar already today. Use the Filmic Pro on your phone that is mounted on the movi and don't connect that phone with the movi. Use another device, like an iPad, friends phone even as far as an android emulator on a laptop and use that to set up the settings for movi. I have personally used an iPad for that.

Steve Torem likes this.
  2. Robert Kadelka

Robert Kadelka New Member

Yeah I've tried that once and I do usually have two devices with me, but it's kind awkward to juggle them. Also I have to test if the Movi will stay connected when the device goes to sleep, because I can have it on and put it in my pocket for example. Anyway the API is coming, and that'll solve this issue

3. Ariel Abreu

Ariel Abreu New Member

Hi David. I see you're also using a GPix 2XL and it seems like you been successful with the beta running on your phone. I unfortunately can't seem to get them to connect properly. Any tips that might help ?

4. Ken Melander

Ken Melander New Member

Another thing I was actually thinking is an ability to desqueeze the footage. Using the Moment anomorphic lens and it would be nice to get a live preview of desqueezed footage

5. Steve Torem

Steve Torem New Member

I was thinking the same! That anamorphic lens looks cool. I actually posted it on my wishlist in another thread.

6. Ariel Abreu

Ariel Abreu New Member

Hi. If anyone could help me get started in general, I'd really appreciate it.

I've attempted to connect my phone to the Movi through the out and through the phones bluetooth settings. When on the app, it seems like it might've connected, but then gives me none the functions I see in the iPhone app.

7. Steve Torem

Steve Torem New Member

The only mode that will be enabled by default is majestic. You have to enable experimental features in the settings if you want to mess around with some of those. Not all are currently working in the beta

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Ariel: Does the Movi app display "Connected"? If you don't see the word "Connected" appear in the center of the screen, tap on the three horizontal lines at the top left-hand corner of the screen to get into the general settings and the top such Main Setting will be "Connected." Tap on the disclosure arrow to the right, do you see a serial number?

If so, then the app is connected to the Movi.

9. Ariel Abreu

Ariel Abreu New Member

Actually, after feeling frustrated about it I searched FreeFly in the app store and saw I was using the wrong app. The Movi Pro Beta which I downloaded from the beta page, is what I had downloaded not realizing it wasn't the right app. Excited to get home tonight to play with the settings.

10. Ariel Abreu

Ariel Abreu New Member

Thanks Steve. Felt pretty stupid realizing I wasn't using the right app. Don't know why I didn't check the Play Store more thoroughly. Excited to see what I can do with this thing.

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Ariel:
    You'll be glad to know that I have never, ever, never, done that kind of thing..... :rolleyes:
    How's that for an "alternative fact?"

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

12. Harry Young

Harry Young New Member

Is there any word on time lapse in the android beta app?

Bryan Mordt likes this.
  13. Jeff Corcelius

Jeff Corcelius New Member

Any updates or new features coming out soon for the Android App?

14. SM Stewart

SM Stewart New Member

Hi,
    Is there an ETA for a stable Android App with all functionality currently available on iOS?
    Very much seems like Android users are the 'poor relation'!
    Thanks,
    B

15. SM Stewart

SM Stewart New Member

Like I say...poor relations!

Shame, really, given the huge sales they'll get once the Android IS up and running. Lots of VERY good Android phone cameras now.

16. Banji Oyewole

Banji Oyewole New Member

We're working on making the App, and the Movi Methods as robust as they are on iOS. We anticipate a Beta release sometime next week.

Along with some other updates, we'll be bringing all of the Movi methods from iOS to Android.
    Those methods are Echo, Barrel Roll, Orbit, Timelapse, and Movilapse.

You'll only be able to access them when they're released next week if you're enrolled in our Public Beta of Movi Android. If you're interested, follow the link below and you'll receive the updated application as soon as it's published on Google Play next week!

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.freeflysystems.ff_movi_cr

17. Banji Oyewole

Banji Oyewole New Member

Timelapse is coming in our next Beta release which is scheduled for next week!

If you're enrolled in our Public Beta of Movi Android, It'll be available to you next week. If you're not, or you're not sure, follow the link below while logged in with the Google account you use on your Android device, and you'll be able to join and receive the updated application with Timelapse (Beta) next week!

18. Banji Oyewole

Banji Oyewole New Member

Next week in our latest public Beta!

We'll be officially introducing the Movi Methods to Android in Beta form, as well as some other cool features we hope you'll enjoy.

Make sure you're in the Public beta by following the link I've posted below so you can get access to these new features (and share your feedback!) as soon as possible

Best!

19. SM Stewart

SM Stewart New Member

And another thing...I've found FF TEch SUpport to be really good. Have you emailed them directly?

20. SM Stewart

SM Stewart New Member

Hi,
    Any news on when the Beta app becomes a satbelrelease?
    Thanks.