/dist/images/branding/favicon

Level in Majestic Mode

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Robert Muto, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Robert Muto

Robert Muto New Member

Anyone else have this issue. In Majestic mode with Roll and Tilt locks on the phone is level. Second I take tilt and roll lock off the phone goes on an angle off center. Have to adjust for that but can't get a level shot unless the locks are on. It used to be level but now only in locks. Just a iPhone 7 and simple case on there. It's balanced before turning it on. Also tried Auto Tuning and that didn't fix it.

Bip likes this.
  2. Kevin P Riley

Kevin P Riley Active Member

There are a couple of threads about this already, in which a Freefly staff member weighs in. The tilt lock should have nothing to do with it, you should be able to unlock tilt and still get a level image. When roll is unlocked....mine will start to drift off level even whe. Sitting o a level surface. They are aware of the issue.

3. Simon Hughes

Simon Hughes Member

Yup, same here. iPhone 6 with Moment V2 Wide with filter adapter and ND balances almost perfectly on all axises with Movi off/standby, but yaws slightly counterclockwise with Roll off. Annoying!

@Deniz Ozgoren is there a adjustment that can be made accessible to allow us to trim the beast?

Bip likes this.
  4. John Chu

John Chu Active Member

I emailed Deniz with the same concerns a while back about level horizon issues with the Movi. Supposedly an upcoming beta will include a fix or method to trim it. Frustrating in seeing tilted horizons and having to rotate the footage and zoom in during editing. The Movi should have PERFECT horizons in use. Maybe a level indicator on the phone is displayed in and we dial in the horizon manually and save?

Simon Hughes likes this.
  5. Edrolfo Leones

Edrolfo Leones New Member

Speaking of which, I'm curious why Freefly didn't tap into the iPhone's accelerometer (and other sensors) to provide Movi with data analytics like pitch /yaw position levels, directional orientation, altitude, etc.

In theory, it can even tell Movi which way the sun is facing at any given time and day, weather conditions, wind speed, etc.!

Maybe in a future app release?

EL

Bip and John Chu like this.
  6. Warathanut Sukcharoenpong

I believed this requires real time calculation and data transferring between Movi and the phone. This could potentially burn out some juice of battery for both as well as showing signs of delay response time.

7. Robert Kadelka

Robert Kadelka New Member

Hi Guys,

I have a similar issue. My horizon is not level in Majestic mode with Roll Lock on. There is a roll trim option in the settings, but it doesn't seem to do anything to the leveling.
    The issue is present with both my PlxelXL and my Note9

8. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

9. Robert Kadelka

Rorick Edge likes this.
  10. Fadzil Firdaus

Fadzil Firdaus New Member

I am having the same issue. After doing some experiments, I found out that the roll trim (landscape) is working only in smartpod mode, and majestic mode with tilt and roll locked.

11. Fadzil Firdaus

I forget to mention that I'm using android beta apps. I'm not sure about ios version

12. Robert Kadelka

Roll trim isn't yet supported as far as I know, so we've gotta wait a little for this to happen. I'm gonna test it the way you mentioned

13. Fadzil Firdaus

the way I did it was I switches accelerometer level app and movi app.

14. Fadzil Firdaus

but it only works with smartpod. and majestic will tilt and roll locked. otherwise, it just tilted to the left

15. Darryl Shelly

Darryl Shelly New Member

Worked great for about 2 weeks, but now I can't get a level horizon. It seems like Movi is completely broken. I would gather that it's a software issue. I can't get it to stay level, and the phone wants to face towards the floor or directly to my left. I've tried other modes, but none of the modes work at all. I'm getting better footage by simply hand-holding the iPhone X. I've spent hours trying to get this going, but now I'm just fed up with it. I've asked for a refund even though I'm a little past the 14 day return.

16. John Chu

John Chu Active Member

Have you tried doing a reset and starting over? Do a reset in the Movi app, power unit down, slide the iPhone left and right until it is in the ballpark and then perform a custom tune.

17. Darryl Shelly

Darryl Shelly New Member

I tried the reset. Doesn't work.

18. Bip

Bip New Member

Folks. As some others have mentioned, somewhat disappointing the FreeFly who I rate for their products ship this unit with a horizon issue. Gutted that I’m fiddling about with a beta app trying to level this and it’s still going off. Locked on roll and all that. What a shame as it’s beats the competition on paper but the practical use has left me so under whelmed. Not even a return to horizon function? Is this still a known issue with a fix coming or time to get a refund?

19. Bip

Bip New Member

What was this workaround that Bryan mentioned?

20. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

How to use Roll Trim in the beta App: HERE