/dist/images/branding/favicon

Using the ALTA with Anti Spark Connectors

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Patrick Zander, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Patrick Zander

Patrick Zander New Member

Hi Guys,

are there any issues known, using the ALTA with AS150 Anti Spark connectors? In the past I had some trouble with Anti Spark connectors and the DJI S1000. So I am a little bit afraid of using them :)

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I've not heard of any issues, Patrick. What kind of issues occurred with the DJI S1000?

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Patrick Zander

Had some issues with the IMU while booting. Could not start the Motors or sometimes only 4 started to spin.

4. Patrick Zander

Another thing. What do you think about the EC5 connectors? We always used the AS150 without anti spark. But I don´t like them. Are the EC5 enough? EC5 handles 130amp current, the AS150 150amp.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I've standardized on EC5 connectors for multi-rotor and fixed wing unmanned aircraft and have not had any issues with them, especially when using 6S (the increased voltage means reduced current).

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert