/dist/images/branding/favicon

FS5II & Movi Pro Rigging Issues

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Ranald Lloyd-Williams, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Ranald Lloyd-Williams

I am looking to put together this rig and I am currently having issues with it, so I wanted to reach out here in this group if anyone had any knowledge, links to tutorials etc.

Sony FS5II
    Movi Pro
    Atomos Shogun Inferno
    PD Movie Live Air - Follow Focus.
    I am having a couple of issues doing so.
    --
    FS5II & Movi Pro
    As you know you need to have the LCD monitor of the FS5II attached to it to display the menu's. The original placement for this is of course on the top handle. However trying to mount the FS5II and top handle isn't possible without it falling on the Movi Pro.

I am looking for a solution to put all of this rig together including recording high quality audio. At the moment I have a big Rode Mic, but looking to find a smaller solution. As the only audio source out of the camera is through connecting the top handle? Correct me if I am wrong.
    --
    I am also having issues displaying the correct image from the FS5II via SDI to record externally into the Atomos Shogun Inferno, as it is only displaying the menus from the FS5II rather than just the image. When I look back at the video files it includes the menus in the video?
    --
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you.
    Ranald Lloyd-Williams

2. Chance Norris

Chance Norris New Member

Not sure if this will help but, if the FS5 II monitor is the same as the FS7 you can try using a RedRock Collins Clamp with a 15mm short rod with a 1/4 20 hole to attach to Collins clamp.

The display should be a simple fix in the menu.

Maybe this will help!

Attached Files:

3. Gerfried Guggi

Gerfried Guggi New Member

Hi Ranald,

did you read my reply in the other thread?
    https://forum.freeflysystems.com/in...and-inferno-on-the-movi-pro.12635/#post-86309

Attach FS5 monitor to the top of the Movi cage.
    Attach any microphone to the ring via clamp / coldshoe adapters. Use the XLR input on the FS5 that is located near SDI/HDMI ports, not the one in the handle.
    Menus: did you activate RAW recording on the FS5?

4. Ben Fogarty

Ben Fogarty New Member

Hi Ranald, I've had the same issues with the fs5 mark2, I ended up mounting the screen on top of the camera, the cable isn't long enough to to mount on the top section. It's a small camera but I found it hard to get a good set up. I'm running CN-E's so it's very front heavy, but with the screen on the top of the camera, it helps with balance. The screen is mounted and turned up so it sits flat almost, it's really only there as you say for menu etc. I use a Atomos Ninja on the top bar. I'll post a picture