/dist/images/branding/favicon

Flashing red light at start up

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Regis Harrington, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Regis Harrington

Regis Harrington New Member

Hey guys,

Anyone have the issue of a flashing red light when powering on?

I have tried the following-

-powering down and re-powering up
    -making sure Movi is fully charged
    -taking batteries out and re-installing
    -taking SD card out and re- inserting, making sure of no shift
    -tried installing new firmware
    - gets all the way to end and says "files transferred - please wait for purple LED Flash to complete.
    It never does that and a solid red light stays on.

-I also tried my own SD card.
    - when powering up i can hold the bottom D button down and get into the purple light mode. here I can see my MOVI on my laptop with log and everything, so I believe SD card is fine.

Really wanted to use the MOVI this weekend, sent a request to support and fear I will not be reached back before time is out today (friday). My issue is not critical by freefly standards, so I could be looking at next week to be told I need to send it in, Hoping someone on here has had the same experience and may have a fix or something to try- Thank you.

#1 Regis Harrington, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    David A Wasmer likes this.
  2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Regis:
    I infer that the red LED you're seeing is on the base of the Movi, right? In which case, I don't believe any other forum member has reported this issue. It sounds like you've tried all the obvious things -- the Movi gimbal is, I presume unlocked and moving freely?

My baseless speculation is that the unit has a hardware fault and the red LED is it's way of yelling for help. It sounds like you have opened up a support ticket, so I'm afraid the answer is one that you don't want to hear -- namely, waiting until support gets back to you.

Of course, if there is another forum user who's had this problem, I'm pretty sure they'll chime in.

Could you be kind enough to post again once you know what the issue/resolution is, please? It would certainly help any other forum member with the same issue to know about it.

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. David A Wasmer

David A Wasmer New Member

I am experiencing the same problem. Did you ever get a resolution to the problem?

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

David: I've not seen a resolution to the problem -- sounds like you need open up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com) as well, I'm afraid.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. David A Wasmer

Thanks for your quick reply. I already opened a ticket.

6. David A Wasmer

I cycled power on both iPhone and Movi. I was able to update the firmware on the third attempt.

7. Regis Harrington

Regis Harrington New Member

Opened a ticket.

Never heard back. Never resolved.

:(

8. Kevin P Riley

Kevin P Riley Active Member

I had it happen the other day and I simply force quit the app and reopened it and it returned to normal operation.

#8 Kevin P Riley, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2018