/dist/images/branding/favicon

ARC200 Skateboard Build

Discussion in 'ARC Universal Motor Drive' started by Rorick Edge, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

Today, Freefly uploaded a video on a skateboard build:

I have a manual longboard, but never having built an electric board I've sent an e-mail to support asking three questions:

Do you have a full list of the parts that you have been using for your skateboard builds and that I could base a build on?

Assuming that I use two ARC200 motors, what additional components/cables do I need to purchase from you?

A couple of weeks ago, you did a YouTube live stream on the ARC200. Was this live stream saved and, if so, can you give me a link?​

On the issue of two motors vs one, see Freefly's answer to a question about this in the YouTube comments.

The response to my questions may be of interest to others, so I'll post it here.

#1 Rorick Edge, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  2. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

Here is Freefly's reply to my questions. It is helpful, although I was hoping that Freefly could give me a list of the non-motor parts that it used for the skateboard in the video (I'd just like to have a starting point), but apparently it isn't comfortable doing so. That said, the non-motor side isn't rocket science and the livestream video helps:

Thank you for contacting Freefly Support regarding the Arc200 Universal Motor Drive.

While we continue to experiment with third party products to pair the Arc200 with, we do not currently have a list of parts or recommended hardware for specific projects. The Arc200 has the potential to improve on most existing drivetrains or to become part of completely custom projects driven by brushless motors.

Each Arc200 will require a PWM cable and a set of 8mm bullet connectors. If you plan to run dual Arc200's on the same project you will need 1 of each type of PWM cables. One Primary and one Secondary. They can be found at the bottom of this page HERE. [ed. https://freeflyrobotics.com/products/arc200 ]

Here is the youtube link:

Some of the information you are looking for can can be found starting around 11 minutes in.

For our full Wiki of available information on this product, please visit this link HERE. [ed. https://freeflysystems.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FRP/pages/269287436/Arc200 ]

Best Regards,

Adam

FREEFLY Technical Support

#2 Rorick Edge, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  3. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey Rorick, we will put together a Bill of Materials and post it here for you. I just need to review my online cart to make sure I capture it all. Thanks!

Tabb

Rorick Edge likes this.
  4. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member