/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Cinema Robot Firmware

Discussion in 'Software Solutions' started by chandler ellise, Sep 22, 2018.

1. chandler ellise

chandler ellise New Member

I cannot for the life of me get my Movi CR to update firmware... can someone help me?

Joost Schlatmann likes this.
  2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Can you provide any details of how you have things set up, are you using iPhone or Android, etc. I'm afraid it's a little hard for us to help based on what you wrote....apologies...

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. chandler ellise

chandler ellise New Member

No worries, I have an iphone X, and i start the update and it gets to stage 2 of 6 and then just says OH NO! firmware update failed...

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hmmm. That's not exactly a helpful error message is it. In the computer biz we joke about an error message that read "There has been an error -- see if you can guess what's wrong!"

I don't recall other forum members with that problem but that could be my failing memory.

Here's what I'd try:

1. Delete the Movi app from the iPhone.
    2. Remove all the other apps you might have running in the iPhone (not deleting them -- just flick them out of memory).
    3. Power off the iPhone.
    4. Power on the iPhone (just to get read of any junk in the iPhone's memory).
    5. Re-install the Movi app from the App Store (which will also ensure you get the latest version).
    6. Make sure you're an a relatively "quiet" wireless environment -- just in case there's interference with the lower power Bluetooth signal between the iPhone mounted on the Movi and the Movi itself.
    7. Try the firmware update again.

If all of the above doesn't work, then there's nothing for it but to open up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com).

Hope this helps
    Andy.

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Joost Schlatmann

Joost Schlatmann New Member

I have exactly same. This is however second time. Happened also when received it 1st time. Sent it back to Freefly and got replacement.
    That worked till the firmware upgrade to 1.2 was released. Description you gave is same 4 me.

Exactly same issue.

Keep me posted on your resolution please.

have sent / raised ticket from the app and sent to Freefly support

6. Joost Schlatmann

ellise, As per above I had same. Brian from Freefly advised to replace the mini SD card (max 16GB + FAT32 format).

Mine works perfectly fine now and firmware upgrade was successfully completed.

You may want to consider same.

7. Pär Westerlind

Pär Westerlind New Member

Same for me... Goes to stage 2 and then check SD card. Trying to update to 1.3. So far no support.

8. Joost Schlatmann

Replace your sd card. That most likely solve it

Pär Westerlind likes this.