/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi M10/M15 Battery 2.1Ah to 2.6Ah Difference-Need Help Asap

Discussion in 'Batteries & Power' started by Nicholas Piccone, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Nicholas Piccone

Nicholas Piccone New Member

Hello all,
    I ordered batteries from AbelCine. The specs/pictures on their website said 2.1Ah w/ 5C Continuous Discharge/ 8C Burst. The batteries I received are 2.6Ah w/ 3C Continuous Discharge/ 5C Burst. The part numbers seem to be the same for both, part# 910-00012.

My tech says the discharge and burst is what he needs in the 2.1Ah. He thinks that’s where we run in to problems with the 2.6 batts. Those levels are not strong enough to hold the motors rigid enough for the payload.

First question-were the 2.1Ah batteries discontinued and replaced with the 2.6Ah version? Is that why they have the same part number?

Second question-are we using the correct batteries?

Thanks!

2. It is a different battery. That is all. It is not worse than the previous battery, just different.
    The battery cell has been upgraded to a higher discharge cell. Users will see lower voltage drop under load which equates to better peak performance and run time compared with the old packs.

3. Nicholas Piccone

Nicholas Piccone New Member

Are the 2.1Ah batteries still available or are they discontinued? Why would the part number be the same for a "different" battery? When you say old packs are you referring to the 2.1Ah version?

Is there any documentation to support the difference in the battery in favor of the 2.6Ah? I do purchasing for my company and this tech has been contracted to our rig. He is telling me that the 2.1Ah are necessary and that the 2.6Ah's do not work for his application. Is there any documentation supporting the better peak performance in the 2.6Ah? I would like to avoid a confrontation over personal preferences if there is documentation stating the difference in batteries in favor of the 2.6Ah...

4. If you have any further questions, please respond to your original Freefly support ticket.