/dist/images/branding/favicon

1.4 RC Shutter

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Rob Weidner, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Rob Weidner

Rob Weidner New Member

So I recently did the 1.4 firmware upgrade and love that the RC shutter is now working properly, except I was just on a RED Scarlet-W and the trigger wouldn't go every time I flipped my Futaba switch. The camera would get the rec signal but the camera would flash yellow instead of going to solid red recording. Seemed like the quicker I pulled my switch, the more likely it would send the rec signal, and the longer I held it, the more likely it wouldn't roll. I tried changing the rec type on movi to pulsed and momentary and didn't really have any luck. Does anyone have a winning combination?

2. Tore F. Lie

Tore F. Lie New Member

Hi Rob!

Did you (or anyone else) find a solution for this? Trying to trigger REC Start/Stop on a RED Weapon using the Futaba 14SG and a switch mapped to the Shutter channel on the MoVI Pro, but just got the yellow flashing as you did :-/

3. Rob Weidner

Rob Weidner New Member

So even on 1.5 I have noticed that you have to simply flick the switch very fast in order to avoid getting the yellow flashing lights and it will trigger then. I am still trying to figure out a more reliable way of getting a trigger on the Futaba, as well as fiz via RC so if anyone has a solution please share

4. Wayne Mann

Wayne Mann Member

Hi Rob,

When you say: FIZ via RC, what do you mean exactly? Are you wanting to control FIZ with the Futaba transmitter? If so then using Futaba servos will be the only way.

Wayne Mann
    www.helicamhighdefmedia.com

5. Tore F. Lie

Tore F. Lie New Member

We do control the Iris on lenses with electronic iris with help of this little cable: http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/gentwire/red.htm . You should also be able to control focus on autofocus lenses, but have not tried that. The cable do also trigger Record Start/Stop of the RED.

But now we have to choose if we want to use the cable or the Mimic, because they both use the CTRL port. If Freefly had enabled the "Shutter" channel to control Start/Stop of the RED, then we could have used the Mimic for the rest. Have sent a suggestion of it to Freefly, so hope they can include it in a later update.

6. Rob Weidner

Rob Weidner New Member

I am familiar with the Gentwires but if you check out the Freely API you can see that you can control FIZ and camera shutter via the control port so it should be possible to potentially rig up a small Arduino to do the sbus interpretation but seems to be a workaround that is unnecessary.