/dist/images/branding/favicon

Problem updating to latest firmware

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Pascal Scheffers, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Pascal Scheffers

Pascal Scheffers New Member

just got my Movi an I’m trying to update the firmware from 1.1.5 to 1.2 ‘beta’. It reboots the Movi then step 2 seems to do nothing and after a minute I get update failed.

Tried several times, from a different phone but no dice.

Anyone else have this?

2. Warathanut Sukcharoenpong

Have you experienced the discounted connection of Bluetooth on Movi before?

3. Pascal Scheffers

No, the bluetooth connection is rock solid for me.

And I've resolved my problem with the help of Freefly support. I'm now on the latest firmware.

4. Paul Craig

Paul Craig New Member

Pascal, would you be able to let me know what you had to do to solve this problem? I’m experiencing exactly the same thing when trying to update the firmware.

5. Pascal Scheffers

Paul,

Step one is to confirm your Movi is sufficiently charged.

They asked met to get last 4-5 logs from the SD card. Turn Movi off. Pressing DPAD DOWN and then Power button for three seconds should start USB mode (pink LED). Then connect Movi to PC/MAC via USB C to A and it will show up as a storage drive. From there: Freefly >> Movi >> Logs folder. Once you unplug the cable, Movi reboots back normally

This didn't work for me, so I extracted the SD Card and found it unresponsive. Just re-seating didn't do a thing. So I replaced it with one of my own. From there it just worked.

But you should also contact support. They'll want to know of problems you're having so they can prevent them from happening again.

6. Warathanut Sukcharoenpong

Is there a SD card on Movi? Where?

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hold the Movi so the orange part of the base is on your right. At the other end of the base from the orange end there is a small panel held in with a very small Philips head screw. The microSD card is behind that panel.

Proceed with caution though Warathanut! I'm not sure FF wants folks messing with the card unless there's an issue -- especially given that you can use the cable and make the contents of the SD card appear on your Mac/PC as described above in message #5.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

8. Eric Aerts

Eric Aerts New Member

Had a problem with the update, but solved it, thanks to Bryan, Chief MōVI Whisperer:

eric,
    There is a possibility that the SD card we use for firmware update caching has been knocked loose. This could have happened in shipping or during use. Just to rule this out, we'd like to have you pop the microSD card out, and re-install it, to see if it resolves the issue.

To do this:

1. There is a small access port on the front of the Movi. Depending on when your Movi was manufactured, you will need either a small #1 Philips driver or a 1.3mm hex key to remove the two screws that hold the cover on.

2. Under the cover you will see a data port and a microSD card. Press the card in to eject it and then remove it. Re-insert the card and make sure it clicks into place.

3. Balance your phone, power up the Movi and try to update the firmware.

Ralph Nudo likes this.