/dist/images/branding/favicon

Android Bug Reporting

Discussion in 'Movi Beta App (Android)' started by Andy Johnson-Laird, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Use this thread to report any bugs you find!

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

2. David Yang

David Yang New Member

David Yang
    Pixel 2 XL

I had already posted this on Google play feedback but just wanted to repost for other beta testers to see and some feedback.

One issue I did see was during in the app, I tried to swipe my phone to bring out my home button which did not respond so well. The home button wouldn't show up and if it did I was unable to press it. It would always press the resolution button.

3. David Yang

David Yang New Member

Device : Pixel 2 xl

Was trying out the the echo mode and works somewhat well with AB mode, but the gimbal goes all crazy when I start the UP, DOWN, RIGHT, LEFT mode. Trigger doesn't stop the movement also.

4. David Yang

David Yang New Member

Just update my app to 0.0.5 too I did see a "Bits per Frame" option in Menu > Camera.

The focus and exposure lock works for me. I'm using a Pixel 2 xl.

5. David Yang

David Yang New Member

Looks like the 0.0.5 update fixed my issue with echo mode. Now all I need is preset to be enabled.

6. Steve Torem

Steve Torem New Member

Hopefully they get that resolved soon .Working focus lock was a game changer for me. This was my first test of the gimbal before focus lock was working. The difference has been night and day. I'll reshoot soon to demonstrate the difference.

7. Fadzil Firdaus

Fadzil Firdaus New Member

I'm using huawei p20pro

generally there are no issues except when I select 3.2mbit/f , the app will crash when I'm recording in 4k. if I choose 1080p 3.2mbit/f or dial down to 1.6mbit/f, everything is working fine.

also when I'm using smartpod mode (maybe it's still experimental) when I hold trigger, the gimbal should be in *majestic* but nothing happens

8. Fadzil Firdaus

I just updated the apps as well just recently. now, I can't record >120fps or more and 4k if I select more than 800kbit/f. the app will just crash. only 1080p @ 25/30fps is working up to 3.2mbit/f.

unlike last update, I can use up to 3.2mbit/f for all other shooting mode except 4k @ 1.6mbit/f. I'm using huawei p20pro

9. Fadzil Firdaus

yesterday I did movilapse of a sunset, in the setting I use point focus and I lock focus/exposure prior doing movilapse.

after 30 minutes and 20x compression, I replay the video. I realized the exposure jumped up slightly when the sun almost down.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or I used wrong setting in the apps, but there were change of exposure during long movilapse recording.

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Fadzil: Can you upload the video somewhere so that we can see it? (Youtube, Vimeo, .....)

Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

11. Fadzil Firdaus

see at 0:53, the exposure jumped up and back to normal.
    -30 minutes recording at 20x compression.
    -exposure lock on( reduced by 2 button press)
    -point focus.
    -1080p @ 3.2mbit/f
    -tilt & roll locked
    - roll trim +1.9°
    - shot with huawei p20 Pro with wide lens attachment

'daily movilapse practicing'

12. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hmmm. There's definitely an artifact at 0:53, but I'm not sure it's the exposure that's changing....that's probably a question for FF's developer. They check this forum regularly, so I think you've provided all the info that they might need.

Cheers
    Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

Fadzil Firdaus likes this.
  13. Banji Oyewole

Banji Oyewole New Member

The next update to the Movi Android App should address the AF issue with Note 8.
    Samsung doesn't expose 4K recording to 3rd party developers on Note 8, S8 or S8+.

14. James Stamoulakatos

James Stamoulakatos New Member

Shot a movielapse on 1080/30fps. Worked. Shot a movielapse in 3K/30fps and when watching the movie back it freezes and won't play.
    FYI- Still no 60fps settings and Echo Mode time compression setting for the Samsung S8 Plus.

15. Jared Stigler

Jared Stigler New Member

I switched from a one plus 6 to a one plus 7 pro and the app doesn't seem compatible. It crashes anytime I try to use it.

Anybody else had a similar problem?

It worked fine with my one plus 6.