/dist/images/branding/favicon

sudden jolting movements with movie xl on scorpio crane and alpha wheels

Discussion in 'MōVI XL' started by Mira, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Mira

Mira New Member

Hi,

I recently had a shoot where we mounted the Movi XL on a scorpio crane and did a pretty long sequence.
    We experienced sudden irregular, jolting movements in the roll axis, which was mapped to be controlled via the iris knob on the freely controller. I tried to adjust the settings, but ended up having to set the roll hold strength to zero.
    Unfortunately I do not have a video of this and support was not able to help me without one. I have tried to reproduce the effect in the studio, but so far it has not occurred again.

Two questions:
    - When I map the roll control to anything but trim only, do I then lose the automatic leveling by the head of the roll axis?
    - Has anybody experienced these short jolting movements in any of the axis and what settings do I have to adjust to avoid this in the future?

Thank you very much, any help is appreciated,
    Mira

2. Ariel Lagostena

Ariel Lagostena New Member

• The problem is the iris assignment. The iris knob is not able to stop the roll because there are no assigned options of "roll Smoothing" or "travel" to control the rool.
      The best option is to assign it to the zoom. with that it remains quiet.
      Some time ago I started a post to add to the control the option of "roll Smoothing" since it is very useful, but they have not even answered me.
      I hope we are lucky.

3. Mira

Mira New Member

Thank you very much for the answer. I have now set the roll to "trim only", because it seemed like assigning it to anything else made it lose its auto-leveling function. Not sure if I am correct about that?

Ariel Lagostena likes this.
  4. Ariel Lagostena

You can assign it to a "trim" too, but I recommend that you assign it to the "zoom"

5. Eric Bergez

Eric Bergez New Member

I've had luck using the User 1 and/or User 2 knobs but find the trim buttons very useful once you get the hang of them.

6. Ariel Lagostena

En el menú de configuración de TX, puede seleccionar la opción "zoom (Rate) en" Map Roll input ".
    listo, ya puedes controlar el rollo con el zoom.-

Saludos.

20180917_074729.jpg