/dist/images/branding/favicon

MOVI M5 I2C Recover? What's This?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Furkan BASER, Sep 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Furkan BASER

Furkan BASER New Member

Hi everyone again, when I connect with android app and looking terminal window, sometimes showing up this error '' I2C Recover!'' What's this can anyone explain this problem?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I think that internally the MoVI is using the microprocessor I2C bus to intercommunicated with the various parts of the gimbal control system. The fact that you're seeing this message suggests that there may be a connector issue -- but again, I'm afraid the best way to proceed is to open up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com).

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

i would double check all the connections are seated in too. I had a cable come loose when setting mine up the first time. could be a easy fix

4. Furkan BASER

Furkan BASER New Member

hi again, i need your help..
    I think that my m5 is intact, so my product is solid. There was a break in the cable system and I soldered,but i got the i2c error ''still''.

I can not use my product for more than 6 months.This is really annoying and a super reason for our cooling from a brand you love:/

Bcos i couldn't use my movi maybe over 6 mounth about i2c problem... So i contacted movi zendesk via support page but they (Chris) said to me we don't sell only cable set:/ and than i asked to chris '' if you would be give to me movi cable diagram so like pdf, manuals.. i'm gone try to make similar jumpers. and chris say again no:/

''who is will help to me:/''

''Is this really a help?''

''customer is not satisfied freefly!''

:(

https://ibb.co/dFnrZp
    https://ibb.co/mV95up
    https://ibb.co/gGB779

#4 Furkan BASER, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  5. Furkan BASER

Furkan BASER New Member

Can someone please take photos of the m5 cable system for me?

Which cable goes to where?

6. Furkan,

There needs to be some transparency here, as you have not provided the forum the entire history or correct information. Hopefully the below information will help clear up any confusion in the matter.

1. The Freefly forum is not primary technical support. If you need to contact technical support at Freefly, you need to please email Freefly directly at support@freeflysystems.com.

2. The Freefly forum hosts a global group of helpful members and moderators, who are always willing to share their experience, knowledge, tips, tricks, and advice. It is not the primary place you contact Freefly Technical support.

3. As we mentioned to you in a prior support ticket (support@freeflysystems.com), the reason we cannot help you further, is because of the condition the unit is in. You have taken the unit apart to the point that we cannot no longer provide any troubleshooting assistance or guidance.

The video attached below shows what you have done to the MoVI M5 unit, that hinders us being able to provide and further support. This information, and the error code you have acquired in the terminal data, is a clear indication you will need to send the MoVI back to Freefy for repair/service.

A jumper cable will not fix the problems seen in the video clip.

Your MoVI is not 'bricked', it is broken.

For a reminder on the poor condition your unit is in, we have attached the video clip link you sent to Freefly support, in a previous support ticket.

The video clearly reveals you have not physically put the unit back together properly (especially the tilt cage), and that all of the cable/wiring harnesses have been taken apart/disassembled.

Here is the video clip of the condition of the MoVi you took apart.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VIBh8_UYCXMpwIv5_t1b3HfGoaaUiT25/view

If you wish to send your unit back to Freefly for repair, please respond the the already existing support ticket.

7. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member