/dist/images/branding/favicon

A host of serious issues with My Movi Pro after v1.5.4 update

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Azzie Scott, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Azzie Scott

Azzie Scott Member

1. When I do a FIZ Calibration I have to run calibration at least two or three times for the motor to do a full calibration cycle. The calibration either starts and doesn't finish or it won't start at all. Im using a RedRock SLS motor for MoviPro. I didn't have this issues prior to this latest update.

2. When I put my MoviPro into sleep mode, and wake it, the Movi Pan motor goes crazy. Other times it just won't wake up from sleep mode. I usual have to power cycle for it to work again. And it will work a few times of putting it in sleep mode, but the problem will return quickly. Please see link to see what I mean:

password: sleep

3. I was on set and my mimic died due to battery drain, which is fine and normal, but When I plugged it in to charge it, nothing happened. I didn't even get a red indicator light which lets you know its plugged in and charging. Just completely dead, no light, no anything. I had to look on the forums and someone suggested I needed to open up the mimic and unplug a port on the inside, let it sit for a minute then reattach the port, close the mimic up gain and try and plug it in. That actually worked for me and I was able to continue with my shoot, but why would I need to do something like this, especially on set. This is not a normal thing.

Im about to file a support ticket with FF but can someone chime in and let me know if they have had any of these issues or can explain why. Im going to go back to 1.4 and see if this fixes my issue.

2. Azzie Scott

Azzie Scott Member

**UPDATE**

So I just reverted back to v1.4 and im having the same sleep/wake issues. I think its something going on with my Movi Pro, Not sure why this is happening now. When I put it in sleep mode and wake it, I get the crazy vibration, but I can stop it by moving the tilt axis, then it jumps pack into place and resumes normal functionally. This is really troubling to me. I need to get this fixed asap

3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I looked at your video. If this were me, and it woke up with heavy vibrations, the first thing I'd do it grab the tilt cage and put a little counter pressure on it. Often that will calm the Movi down, and then I'll check my tuning and filters to try to work out the problem.

I've seen the Movi need to be moved by hand a little bit when it wakes up before the motors will kick in, especially when I'm working with heavier camera payloads. None of that has affected my operation, though.

4. Azzie Scott

Azzie Scott Member

Hi Graham, Thats the thing, its not a counterweight issue, or a tuning issue. Ive never had this problem before, this just starting happening a few days ago. When I first boot up my Movi it works fine, this only happens when I put it to sleep or pause motors, then wake it up. When it starts to vibrate crazy, if I grab cage and tilt it up or down it will snap back to normal and work fine. But once I put it to sleep and wake It will do the same thing intermittently.
    As as far as payload I only have a CF weapon brain which weight less than 4 pounds. Its not a payload issue.

5. Graham Futerfas

Well, if you can easily correct it by putting your hand on the cage for a second, is it really a problem? Sometimes the motors need something to push against, or they'll vibrate or oscillate. If my Movi is sitting in a dock, and I don't have a hand on it, it oscillates and shakes sometimes because not much is dampening the vibrations. I can tune it down, but then it won't be tight when I'm holding it and using it. I don't consider that a flaw, especially when it works just fine when I'm operating it.

6. Azzie Scott

Azzie Scott Member

Maybe your not understanding what I'm saying. I understand about the oscillating and vibration due to different dampening.
    And yes, whats happening here, is a problem because its not a normal thing and wasn't doing this before. My MovI should not be intermittently going crazy solely after I wake it up from sleep mode or from pausing and activating motors. It should not be doing this . And I should not have to push on the cage to correct this issue for normal operation.

By your logic of saying "is it really a problem" is like saying when I get in my car and start it, my engine starts to rattle and vibrate profusely but if I kick my left tire and the vibration stops then I don't really have a problem with my car.

There is definitely something wrong here.

7. Graham Futerfas

OK, I get it. Do you mind posting a few screenshots of your tuning, advanced and General settings?

8. Azzie Scott

Azzie Scott Member

I would love to FaceTime with you if that would be possible, so you can see first hand of what I'm experiencing.

9. Graham Futerfas

10. Azzie Scott

Azzie Scott Member

For some reason I can’t access my Direct messages from mobile. I’ll be home in about 20 mins and I’ll check the message