/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro Batteries

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Seth Terwilliger, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Seth Terwilliger

Seth Terwilliger New Member

Got my movi back in February and six months later my batteries are barely holding a charge if at all. Is there anything to do about this or did I receive junk batteries? I really don't want to forfeit 300 dollars to replace something that isn't ruined or if the guys and gals at freefly can do something. Any help is appreciated!

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

At what charge level did you store your batteries, Seth?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Seth Terwilliger

50% or more.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hmm. Well at 50% the batteries should be happy. If you leave them for long periods at "more" (e.g. fully charged) then they're not happy. Also, at least for my unit, if I leave them on the Movi Pro, then they self-discharge to zero -- and they're definitely not happy about that. As in "I'm so unhappy I'm going to turn into a paper weight and refuse to charge ever again."

Andy.

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Benjamin Granet

Sorry to here that, the only solution I found was to move on from the Freefly batterie and go with the Ignite solution.

I needed 12 batteries and 4 chargers to go trough a day of shooting, and it happened that the camera would shut down if the batteries were under 30%. Now can almost go with 4 batteries and one charger. (6 is safer)

This is really sad that Freefly isn't doing anything about it, they didn't even bother releasing a quad charger. Now I have a pile of old batteries that I paid for who aren't doing anything.

6. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

I’m switching to ignite & TB 50 batteries as we speak for my next big job. I’ve had great success with M10 & M15 from the early days with the Lipos. But the pro batts suck after a few months of heavy use. Only thing I’d say if you want to go with Freefly pro batts, power the camera with separate on camera battery. The pro batts will do everything else. This is fine with Red and base expander & Gold Mount but a drag with mini.

I’m looking forward to powering everything with two TB 50 batteries. Graham calls them game changers and I think that says it all.

7. Seth Terwilliger

I agree! It really sucks to have a product that they don't back. I may email support again as they may lose a valued customer. Can you provide a link to the batteries and how would you power the movi with those.

8. Seth Terwilliger

CAn you please share how you are powering the movi with those batteries as well as a link to buy.

9. Benjamin Granet

Here is the link to the DJI battery plate from Ignite : https://store.ignitedigi.com.au/collections/camera-movi-plates/products/tb50-battery-to-movi-pro It works with TB50 and TB55 inspire batteries.

Check the rest of their products, they have a lot of amazing things for the Movi Pro. I'm using it every week and it made a big difference in my way of working.

I'm powering everything from those batteries, I took the plates with the Lemo 2 pin and I made special cable to power some accessories.
    It's great when for exemple you use some Follow Focus who needs high amperage. But more often, I use them to power my monitor. Just be aware of the higher voltage coming out of the Lemo, you could fry something.

Brandon Obey likes this.
  10. Brandon Obey

Brandon Obey Member

You can also get the IGNITE DIGI POWER Adapter and power the camera and rig from battery d-taps.just make sure you have hot-swap capability so you don’t have to power everything down when switching out batts.

For RED you can just mount the battery on the back of the camera. For Alexa, mount the battery to the Pan Axis and use it as a counterweight.

11. Zsolt Vaszary

Zsolt Vaszary New Member

Anyone with stock of the Ignite Digi battery adapter for the Mövi Pro? Thanks.

12. Brandon Obey

Brandon Obey Member

Ask Tom from Ignite Digi. They still have them.