/dist/images/branding/favicon

Killshock

Discussion in 'MōVI XL' started by Aron Walker, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Aron Walker

Aron Walker New Member

I am looking for an iso has anyone out there used the Killshock
    it looks well made and has inverted feature
    any feedback would be great

Thanks

2. Mike Sutton

Mike Sutton Member

I Aron. Both Cameron Michael and Rob Rusher both own one. Cameron has used his with his MoVI XL for hood mount shots.

I am a bit biased having created it but I have used it fairly regularly. Anything you are looking to know specifically?

3. Aron Walker

Aron Walker New Member

Hi Mike thanks for the reply
    I have recently bought XL and want to use it in a number of scenarios I have seen some pics of the killshock and it looks great for what I need, do you send it out stock with black springs or do I need to buy them seperate.I have seen it used underslung without inversion kit does this work ? as I want to use it in both orientations are there any good videos or links you can send me
    Cheers

4. Mike Sutton

Mike Sutton Member

Hi Aron. We normally ship it with Red Medium Shock Modules, but if you want we can do black as a custom order. Price will be slightly higher. We recommend most XL users get both black and red however as most users end up with a combination of the two when using lighter camera packages with the XL.

As for inversion you really want to use the inversion kit as it uses compression rather than extension. Extension is not nearly as effective for stabilization. When hood mounting (xl upside down/camera oriented right side up) and when using suspended with our inversion kit you are compressing the shock coils vs pulling them away which is bad. I know there is another company using extension on their car mount but if you ask anyone who has actually used it they will tell you its garbage.

We are going to have some videos put together soon for inversion and a new arm product in the killshock line that is in prototype stage.

5. Aron Walker

Aron Walker New Member

hey Mike thanks for that you are right I will look at both red and black for my order also on your website there is mention of an inflatable tube between the plates what is the word on this and will it be available soon
    Thanks

6. Mike Sutton

Mike Sutton Member

Hi Aron. I have an extra one I can sell you. Basically its a fat compact inner tube that fits inside the killshock and you pump it up or deflate to get a perfect symmetrical iso-elasticity to the killshock. Sounds silly but works amazing.