/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro Ring doesn’t sit flat (uneven feet)

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Chris Tawney, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Chris Tawney

Chris Tawney New Member

I just purchased my Movi Pro and when I installed the feet they are uneven enough to see under the back of one of the feet on a flat surface. I tried installing some backup feet I had from previous rentals and that didn’t solve the problem. My question for those with more experience is whether the Movi Pro Ring rocking because the feet are uneven is an actual problem? And has anyone else found a fix for this?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Chris Tawney

Chris Tawney New Member

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that Chris -- I just know that all the Movi Pro I've met seem to have slightly loose feet and the unit rocks a small amount. Can you post an image of the issue -- it sounds like the amount of unevenness on your unit is not normal...

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Chris Tawney

Chris Tawney New Member

They're actually super tight which is nice, but uneven. It's also true that I've always been a bit overcautious about my gear and a little too worried about every detail.

IMG_3960.JPG IMG_3958.JPG

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hmm. That's pretty much how the feet on my MP are.....but, if you're concerned, I'd suggest you open up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com) and double check with them -- you can cite to this thread so you don't have to write it all out again -- and they can see the image.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

7. Gerfried Guggi

Gerfried Guggi New Member

I've asked this myself a couple of times, but has never bothered me while working.

8. Chris Tawney

Chris Tawney New Member

I actually received a response from FreeFly support and they said it was intentional like Andy stated above. It's strange, but so far hasn't caused even the slightest problem.