/dist/images/branding/favicon

maintenance and water/rain resistance

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Kevin P Riley, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Kevin P Riley

Kevin P Riley Active Member

I got caught in the rain today with my Movi, so it begged the question, how resistant to the elements are they? I got into my car as quick as I could, I was in a light to medium rain for approximately 3-5 minutes. I used paper towels to dry off the Movi, anything else I should do?

Is there any routine maintenance that should be done to maintain and extend the life of our Movis?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I've not seen any data published on this Kevin so I'm afraid you're blazing a trail for us...

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Kevin P Riley

Kevin P Riley Active Member

Found this on gomovi.com

“Movi doesn’t like to be dunked, but doesn’t mind a light shower. Don’t be afraid to bring your Movi to a beach, but it was not designed as a submersible.”

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Good find, Kevin. I'd forgotten about that. Thanks for posting it.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Steve Huether

Steve Huether Member

I was wondering about this as well this past weekend. Was shooting near Crescent Falls and between light rain and the spray from the falls, the Movi, Hero 6, and iPhone X got lightly misted. I just brushed them off and kept shooting but good to know it can handle a bit.

6. Stefan Timm

Stefan Timm New Member

I‘d be more worried about the corrosive power of salt water.