/dist/images/branding/favicon

Select tele or wide lense iPhone X

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Alessandro Garabaghi, May 15, 2018.

1. Alessandro Garabaghi

In the movi app there is there no way to chose between the built in lenses? Am i missing something?

#1 Alessandro Garabaghi, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Alessandro: I'm sorry....I'm not quite sure what you mean by "chose being the camera?" Could you give us a little more information as to what you mean.

Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Darrin Altman

Darrin Altman Member

He wants to be able to shoot video with the Movi app and his tele lens on his iPhone X. I believe Freefly is considering adding that ability in a future app update. I emailed them when the app was released asking the same question.

4. Frank Algermissen

Frank Algermissen Active Member

I own all MOMENT lenses, use them on my MOVI and maybe can help. But honestly I don't understand the question either. Simply put the WIDE on the iPhone X lens above, the Tele can be put on both while on the lower one you have 2 x focus length. In the MOVI App you cannot switch between both iPhone X lenses.

For all lenses you need counterweights for stabilization.

5. Alessandro Garabaghi

If i put the 60mm on the bottom lens its like a 120mm zoom lens, but the movi app does not me select the 2nd lens like filmic or pro cam does.

Forget the moment lens, it would just be nice to be able to select the tele lens like you can in Filmic to get a bit closer to the subject. It is def a feature that should be added as all the Plus phones have dual lens too!

There 3 pics are

iPhone X built in wide
    [​IMG]

iPhone X built in tele
    [​IMG]

iPhone X built in tele and 60mm moment
    [​IMG]

The ability to get stable footage using the 60mm on the built in telle really changes the game for me ... and makes getting some cool shots

6. Russell Carpenter

Russell Carpenter New Member

I use the Apple Camera app, FiLMiC, and NightCap, and they all have an option to select the tele lens. I hope the MOVI app will have that ability soon.

Frank Algermissen likes this.
  7. Michel Corbin

Michel Corbin New Member

The question applies to the dual camera (or dual lens) iPhones (the 7 Plus, 8 Plus and X). In the native camera app* you can toggle between 1x (i.e. wide) and 2x (i.e. tele). Other camera apps have similar functionality.

*the native app will use digital zoom instead of switching cameras if light levels falls below a certain point. This is not ideal. Most other apps allow the user to have full control.

8. Marc Caduff

Marc Caduff New Member

I agree, it's very important to be able to switch between the two native lenses (1x and 2x) on the newer iPhones.

John Chu likes this.
  9. Stefan Timm

Stefan Timm New Member

I think was was addressed in the last Live Q&A and if I remember correctly, they talked about a version planned for August/September 2018 to support both lens onn the iPhone X

10. Joshua Martin

Joshua Martin New Member

Any news on using the built in Telephoto on the iPhone XS?

11. Joshua Martin

Joshua Martin New Member

Any updates on when we can use the built in telephoto on the iPhone XS with the Movie app?

12. Rick Bronks

Rick Bronks Active Member

No updates about anything MCR it seems.

Very much contemplating selling mine. Not compelling over other models with more pro level feature sets.