/dist/images/branding/favicon

Accelerometer Fail- Warning at liftoff

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Manuel Frauendorf, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Manuel Frauendorf

Hi,
    when I lift of with the ALTA 6 I get the accelerometer fail warning.
    It seems to fly rather normal but it's no condition I'd like to persist or even fly higher than hover-level with.

After landing, disconnection of batteries and restart, the same problem and warnings will show at liftoff or some seconds thereafter..
    Prior to this I had no hard landing or anything similar which could have distracted the accelerometers.

My questions:

Is there any way to calibrate all gyros and accelerometers on the ALTA system?
    What can I do to make it safely fly again without red flags showing?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Manuel: That sounds like a fairly serious issue -- if you have not already done so, I'd suggest you open up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com). Please post again once you have resolved the issue so that other forum members can benefit from your experience.

Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Manuel Frauendorf

I Have now opened a ticket.

Anyone else wants to share their experience with me. Noone had the problem before?

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Way back in 2017, Rolf Ableiter reported a problem -- https://forum.freeflysystems.com/in...h-a-pc-who-can-read-the-data.8984/#post-76101 -- but it doesn't quite sound like the same problem you're having.

But it does raise the question whether anything interesting would be revealed in the flight log data recorded on the microSD card in the GPS unit. Have you had a look at it? It's essentially an Excel CSV file so you can read it on a PC or a Mac. You can also read it with a simple text editor, but it's a lot harder to make sense of the data.

Andy.

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Manuel Frauendorf

I have just received a reply from freefly.
    They say it could be a vibration issue.
    before the issue I removed the prop-pairs which have been factory balanced before and probably mixed them up when refitting.

How can I find the matching pairs now? Any chance to rebalance them ?

very Interested to hear the replies on that topic.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Manuel
    I don't think I've seen any information regarding that on the forum, I'm afraid. I'm even sure anyone but FF technical support can answer your question -- but let's see if any other forum member knows the answer.

Andy

7. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

@Manuel Frauendorf unless you took the props apart and swapped the individual blades around then you don't have to worry. Props from arm to arm are not balanced to each other, just each individual prop assembly. If you go to the terminal screen when the Alta is booting up and it goes through the self-check can you see anything giving an error in there? Click the "reset controller" button to see it go through again if it gets through the boot sequence before you connect to the app.