/dist/images/branding/favicon

Bricked after Firmware Update?

Discussion in 'Movi Beta App' started by Wes Hopkins, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Wes Hopkins

Wes Hopkins New Member

Hi All,

Is anyone experiencing issues with their unit after applying the firmware update in the 1.2.2 B133 app?

I'm now stuck in the following cycle:
    - The unit always starts in red blinking error state
    - The app indicates that a newer firmware is available
    - Apply firmware
    - App eventually says "wait for purple led flash to finish", (which it does - the LED goes solid red, and stays that way.)
    - Neither app nor unit does anything for an hour or more (safe to assume that after 2 hours it's a hung/error state)
    - Reboot movi
    - Back to red blinking state; repeat.

Unfortunately I can't downgrade the firmware using the App Store version (it will appear to go through the firmware patching process, but the installed version doesn't change, and the unit stays stuck per loop above.)

So.... has anyone else encountered this?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I've not seen any reports of this problem, Wes -- having you opened up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com)?

Andy.

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Wes Hopkins

Wes Hopkins New Member

I did, thanks Andy. It looks like it's been diagnosed as a hardware issue, and can't be fixed remotely. It will have to be replaced, and they're sorting me out now. Very impressed with the assistance.

John Chu likes this.
  4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Wes:
    Bummer.....sorry to hear that you have to return it, but FF's technical support is (at least in my experience) very good.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert