/dist/images/branding/favicon

Do I have to install the A3 flight controller into my Alta to finally get waypoints?

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by matt ragan, May 30, 2018.

1. matt ragan

matt ragan New Member

Hey guys, I am a Freefly systems fan to the core, and I have been holding on to my Altas in hopes that some day they would add this item to their drone. I am not trying to piss anyone off, but it seems to me that we are being limited in a major capacity to not have waypoints. To have an amazing machine that cost a lot of money be strangled by this is beyond frustrating. So that is why I bring this up at all, its because I feel like enough is enough. 3years since Alta was first released, I was there at NAB showing it off, I have trained over 100 people to fly this bird and I love it (mostly) Unfortunately my Alta barely get used because it is such a specialty bird and does not have all the versatility of even the M600. So I am wanting to see if anyone else has already done this, I only know of one person, but has anyone else thought of this? its past its warranty and I really have nothing to lose by doing this, I just feel conflicted about my $20k investment sitting in a box because it can't take advantage of something that a dozen other drones sitting in my house can do. Can we all collectively put pressure on Tab and the rest of the freefly team?

2. matt ragan

matt ragan New Member

wow not a single reply.

3. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

most people on this forum are film makers and dont need waypoints to do they job with alta. Have you sent a email to freefly directly?

4. matt ragan

matt ragan New Member

I haven't recently but I was just at NAB FF party and talked with several guys there and many of them said that they themselves are disappointed in this. Even spoke with Tab who said he'll look into it