/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi xl initial setup

Discussion in 'MōVI XL' started by Aron Walker, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Aron Walker

Aron Walker New Member

Hi all
    I have just purchased an xl with controller and would like any tips on initial setup I have read manual and seen videos but would appreciate any first hand experience
    I will be using the new Sony Venice camera on its maiden shoot
    First question is am I able to set up and test this at home without a camera on the head or does it need to be loaded with some sort of weight to help the balance and is there a specific order I should approach in setting up xl head with controller and alpha 1 wheels and mimic on the side
    Any advise is greatly appreciated
    Aron

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Aron welcome to the forums.

Would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/.

Thanks

Yes you will need to simulate the camera weight in order to practice balance and use the controls. Generic weights approximating the camera setup would work but the overall final settings can't be determined until you have the actual camera/lens/accys all installed in place.

3. Aron Walker

Aron Walker New Member

so I have set up the XL, balanced a camera on board, updated all firmware, set up alpha 1 wheels, charged batteries, and now I turn on power to head and immediately get boot error status error
    Any ideas whats going on
    I have contacted support but would like some comments from any users with some experience
    Thanks in advance for your time

4. Ariel Lagostena

Ariel Lagostena New Member

Hello, a month ago I bought the Movi XL and I am configuring to get the most out of it. As I have been years of stabilization engineering, I would like to make a tutotrial of the head of the most important steps to take into account when using. There are many important steps that we do not take into account, of course, that the user who recently enters the world of gimbals is not very clear about it.
    Movi XL is a fantastic tool where you can load large professional film cameras and shoot in the best way.

I intend to do in 2 languages, English and Spanish.

Soon, if Freefly accepts it, it will be online.

Thank you

5. Aron Walker

Aron Walker New Member

Hi Ariel
    That would be a great tool for me and others whom have bought this head to use it to its potential please let us know when you have it online

Thanks

Ariel Lagostena likes this.