/dist/images/branding/favicon

Freefly Q &A Video

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Rorick Edge, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

UPDATE: The video has now been re-uploaded. See nine posts below.

The latest video in the six week live series answers a lot of questions. Really worth watching in full:

#1 Rorick Edge, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  2. Simon Hughes

Simon Hughes Member

It's a pity the resolution is so dismal... 360p?!?

3. John Chu

John Chu Active Member

Live Streaming to YouTube can be finicky if the network bandwidth clogs up or when trying to do it over LTE. The worst part? The playback of the stream is generally what was streamed live :(

4. Rorick Edge

It appears that Freefly has now removed the video. Maybe they’re going to fix it.

#4 Rorick Edge, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I reported the 360p crap-def video to FF -- it was obviously not showing the Movi CR's capabilities, nor FF's attention to detail, appropriately. My hope is that they recorded the video in addition to live-streaming so that they can repost a better quality video otherwise it might require a do-over. :(

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

6. Simon Hughes

Simon Hughes Member

Generally, the quality sucks on live broadcasts. Not sure why they don't just field questions ahead of time and dispense with doing live. There really weren't any questions that either hadn't already been answered by previous videos or provided any new info from what I saw.

7. Rorick Edge

I hope it gets re-uploaded in some form. Unlike Simon, I think that there was new information, and nuances about existing information, that I found very useful. The resolution wasn’t great, but the content came through fine.

#7 Rorick Edge, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  8. Simon Hughes

Simon Hughes Member

Maybe the new info was in the sections that were essentially dead air as the stream was frozen with no live sound or picture. Happened several times when I watched, and often right when they were indeed discussing something I wanted to hear. Frustrating!

9. Rorick Edge

The YouTube version was OK, if not great, visually, and addressed a lot of issues in which I think Movi users are interested.

One of the strengths of this video is that it addressed realistic expectations, such as the issue of running cable to an iPhone, and issues such as the Hoodie, which may be redesigned to address the issue of fitting and removing it. There were also a good number of operational tips that for me built on previous tips.

#9 Rorick Edge, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  10. Rorick Edge

The video has now been uploaded again. Looks like someone did an iPhone version:

Simon Hughes likes this.
  11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I think it's the Instagram vertical-video, Rorick.

Andy.

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

12. Rorick Edge

Ahh, yes. Whatever the source, I’m happy to see this video up again. There’s some very helpful information and discussion in it.