/dist/images/branding/favicon

Can I switch back and forth

Discussion in 'Movi Beta App' started by Kevin P Riley, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Kevin P Riley

Kevin P Riley Active Member

Can I switch back and forth between the beta and the standard release version?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I believe you can -- using the Update -> Revert option.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Kevin P Riley

Hmmm, I meant between both apps as they are both on my phone, but I guess it is more about the firmware.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Errr......that I'm not sure about. Just try it -- if you experience any problems then I guess the Universe (or the firmware at least!) is saying nope!

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

You can have both the app store version and the beta version in your phone. However most of the time the newest app requires latest firmware to function properly. You might find some modes not working as they should if you are using old firmware with new app.

6. Neil McCarthy

Neil McCarthy New Member

I think the question was (and I have the same question), can you use the new beta firmware with the official supported app? Thanks.

7. Kevin P Riley

He answered that question, you can but some functions may not work.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I think the larger issue is that the beta may require an upgrade to the Movi CR's firmware -- and that mismatch may cause some of the features in the production version of the app not to work.

Andy

Neil McCarthy likes this.