/dist/images/branding/favicon

A Lot Of Saving Errors At My Last Shoot

Discussion in 'Movi Beta App' started by Brandon Hoffman, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Brandon Hoffman

Brandon Hoffman New Member

Good Day FreeflySystems,

Thanks for allowing me to test the beta.

At my last shoot I was getting a lot of the same error when the recording was ended and movi tried to save the file to the library. I have plenty of space on my phone. Also, sometimes if you retried it would save and sometimes it would not.

Error Attached

Attached Files:

2. Brandon Hoffman

Brandon Hoffman New Member

Version 1.2.0 (118)

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Brandon:
    I've seen that error myself -- it's a bit frustrating when it happens after a 20 minute Movilapse too -- you lose the whole shebang.
    If I were you, I'd open up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com) just so the developers know that it's not just me having the problem! :)

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

Sorry that you lost footage. We concluded that the issue is "If a recording is stopped by double tapping the record button, app fails to save the video to gallery.". This issue has been fixed and will be released to next v1.2 beta.

5. George Beinhorn

George Beinhorn New Member

Received the Movi Cinema Robot yesterday and took it out for informal testing today. Recorded a clip successfully but subsequent clips wouldn't save - the red save wheel icon kept turning. Restarting the app caused recording to continue, but hitting the Record icon once to stop recording produced the same behavior - spinning wheel and no save. I think I will try Revert and see if it's the Beta that's causing the problem.

UPDATE: Sure enough, reverting to v1.1.5 seems to have solved it. I recorded 4-5 clips that saved without issues. To be sure, I recorded several clips with the red Record button and the app saved them. As of August 18 there still seem to be intermittent saving issues with Beta 1.2.5.

#5 George Beinhorn, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018