/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tokina Cinema Vista + RED DSMC2 on a Movi Pro?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Rhys Lynn, May 7, 2018.

1. Rhys Lynn

Rhys Lynn New Member

Has anyone had any luck balancing the Tokina Cinema Vista lenses on the Movi Pro? They are heavy but I feel that given some of the setups I've seen here it should be possible. I'm not certain if it is do-able without something like the Ignite Tilt Cage Offsets. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

offsets help in case your camera has insufficient room in back for counter weight. . . for that lense at 4.48 lbs, you might want the offsets depending on camera/lens motor config

3. Rhys Lynn

Rhys Lynn New Member

We are currently using Redrock Micro SLS Blue motors which integrate nicely with the MoVI. Considering moving to Teradek RT for FIZ, though those motors look heavier than the tiny SLS.

4. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

I have found that offsets help when running 2 (or in very rare cases 3) lens motors with camera/lens setups weighing 6.5+ lbs. You may be able to do with-out, but thats a pretty heavy lens. If i were using for a client on short notice id have the offsets just in case, and they have been clutch on shoots when i did not expect to have access to nice lenses with 3 gears on already-heavy cameras.

5. Jake Wilganowski

If you own the movi pro you need to buy the offsets

They are that important

6. Tom Waugh

Tom Waugh New Member

Hey Rhys,

We have a set of Tokinas coming down end of the week to do testing with!
    Will let you know how we go with the full range 18-85mm primes.

Redrock SLS are super lightweight. With offsets and our teradek bolt carbon side plate, we balanced the Canon 30-105mm with Red , 3 SLSs and Bolt for Redrock Micros booth @ Cinegear. This was with SDI jetpack on the back.

We have made fat gears for the RTmotion motors to help get weight back towards to camera, we often use these with zooms or large primes.