/dist/images/branding/favicon

Looking for some advice/alternative battery power

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Pieter van Roijen, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Pieter van Roijen

Pieter van Roijen New Member

Hi,

in our school we started out with one Mövi M10. Unfortuantely some time ago one of the LiPo batteries of the M10 went up in smoke and flames during a class and now because of safety regulations we are more or less asked to not use the M10 anymore. So we went for Ronin 2 with a Sony F5m2 instead (sorry guys :()

But to make it up to you, we already bought 8 moviPro to be used with RED Raven cameras and we absolutely love to work with them ;). But we still like to use the M10 for a smaller camera setting, like with a Sony A6500.

Now here is the advice we are looking for. Hawk-Woods sells an adaptorplate for Sony BPU type batteries and a step-up adaptor. Is there anyone who use this combination or a has a simular setup? A V-mount solution is also acceptable.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I can't understand your question, though I'm trying. You want a light weight gimbal for a Sony A6500? Or something about re-powering your RED Raven or Sony A6500?

Sorry, there were several details in your first message that are confusing me, and I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do. That said, I'm lazy and don't want to look up whatever Hawk Woods adapter you're talking about. ;) Can you please send a link to the specific one you're talking about? What does it step up the BPU batteries to?

3. Pieter van Roijen

Hi Graham,

we want to keep using the M10 but without the LiPo batteries. So we are looking for alternative batteries. And only to power the M10.

Hawk-Woods is just something i found on the net http://hawkwoods.co.uk/Prods/Product/BP-MOV2 it holds two Sony BPU type batteries.
    The step-up http://www.hawkwoods.co.uk/Prods/Product/CLB-MOV is a voltage regulator. Its should eliminate current spikes, but i do not know if this is mandatory to use with the BPU batteries.

So i doesn't need to be Hawk-woods, but without batteries the M10 will not be used again and that is a shame.

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Oh Ok, now I understand.

I haven't used either of those adapters, but they seem promising. I think the BPU batteries are a little lower-voltage, correct? I know the gimbal can be a bit of a power hog when there's a lot of motor activity.

If you try it, let us know how it goes.

Pieter van Roijen likes this.
  5. Pieter van Roijen

Will do, and the BP-U are 14.4v and we have a ot of them in stock in 23Wh and 56 Wh.

I am also watching your YouTube channel so you are already helping ;)

Graham Futerfas likes this.