/dist/images/branding/favicon

Futaba radio compatibility

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Sergi Medina, May 19, 2018.

1. Sergi Medina

Sergi Medina New Member

Hello, I have a pretty relevant doubt which the Freefly support didn't really know how to answer (they are good, but not with this one :p).

I own a Futaba T6J with a R2006GS receiver I used for my old gimbal.

Now I want to use it with the MoVI M5 to avoid wasting money on another radio, but the R2006GS receiver doesn't seem to be working as it doesn't have S.Bus. I'm planning on buying some receiver like R2008SB, which has S.Bus, but uses the S-FHSS protocol instead of FASST. I've read somewhere on the forums that it must be FASST for Futaba, but due to lack of documentation, I'm not really sure about this...

So the question is, is the MoVI compatible with S-FHSS, or it should be FASST? Or rather, does it matter at all for the M5 which protocol the radio uses?

The T6J doesn't seem to be really compatible with FASST according to Futaba (https://www.futabarc.com/receivers/fhss-s-fhss-compat.html), so it's a big question if I could invest 39 € on a new receiver or I must spend 300 € on a new radio...

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Sergi: That's a very good question -- I don't know enough to answer it. If none of the other forum members post an answer you might want to consider asking it on an RC Groups forum -- there's one specifically for the T6J here.

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Sergi Medina likes this.
  3. Sergi Medina

Sergi Medina New Member

I tested a new S-FHSS S.Bus receiver for my T6J and it works perfectly. I also tried a FASST S.Bus receiver (R6208SB) with the T8FG transmitter, and it also works flawlessly.

So as I guessed correctly, apparently the MoVI only needs an S.Bus (with Futaba transmitters) despite the protocol each model uses. Luckily.

I just wanted to share my experience in case it could be useful to someone...

James Hillstrand likes this.
  4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for posting that info, Sergi. Sounds like your problem is solved!

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. James Hillstrand

James Hillstrand New Member

Good to hear man. This should save someone in the future.

Sergi Medina likes this.