/dist/images/branding/favicon

Kill pan motor only?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Jason Toth, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

Hello everyone

Anyone know if there is a way to keep the MPro powered (roll/tilt), but kill the pan so the Alta stops from spinning.

Thx!

#1 Jason Toth, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  2. Ryan Forte

Ryan Forte Member

I second that it would be a great function to have!

3. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

Configurations>General>Gimbal Application>Airborne

4. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

Gimbal Application: Configures the gimbal for either Handheld or Airborne use. In Handheld use, the center position of the Dual Operator Mode Switch enables Pan Majestic operation. In Airborne use, the center position of the Dual Operator Mode Switch parks the MōVI for takeoff and landing by locking each axis.

5. Sergi Medina

Sergi Medina New Member

The drone should stop spinning not by killing the motor (which could leave the drone too loose and could move before or while taking off, which is dangerous), but by holding the axis strongly enough without any angular correction at all, just leaving it there...

6. Bryan Edmonds

That's exactly what park does (the middle position on the mode switch when the MōVI is in airborne mode). It doesn't kill the motors, it reduces output and holds the motors in the following positions:
    • Tilt: straight ahead
    • Roll: position relative to the physical orientation of the aircraft
    • Pan: locked to yaw heading of the aircraft.
    However, killing the motors of the MōVI during take off and right after touch down has never caused any issues that I've seen.

7. Sergi Medina

Sergi Medina New Member

Bryan, the problem is the Park mode doesn't leave the yaw axis in the correct position (and not strongly enough, it's easily disturbed). If you try to put it the correct way, it returns to the way it was...

8. Bryan Edmonds

Oddly enough, this is a complaint about Airborne park that I've never heard.

It freezes the pan motor position where it is when you park it.. At some point we had the motor output higher in parked mode, and ended up reducing it because it was shaking everything. It doesn't need much power for take off and landing, just enough to keep things from moving on their own.

9. Sergi Medina

Sergi Medina New Member

Bryan, thanks a lot for the replies.

I asked via email a week ago, still haven't received an answer, then I came here to the forums just in case somebody would know something about this.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or I'm missing something, but when I try to position my drone in the Airborne > Park mode, the gimbal moves to yaw back to the position it was before, it doesn't stay where I put it...

10. Bryan Edmonds

I see your inquiry from Saturday last week, I'll respond there and we can get to the bottom of your symptom.

This is an old thread, but I'll report back here, for anyone following the thread, with the resolution.