/dist/images/branding/favicon

Lightweight camera package not working well.

Discussion in 'Freefly Tero' started by Rick Gerard, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

The vibration isolators on my Tero barely deflect with I mount the MoVI Pro and my Sony A7 SII. It's just not heavy enough. Because of that, I'm not getting the kind of isolation I get with heavier cameras. I would like to avoid adding extra weight to the camera package or bolting weights on the Tero. I love the footage with a Red, but I'm getting all kinds of road noise in the shots that correspond to cracks in the pavement.

If I have time this afternoon I'm going to try removing the center isolators to see if I can get a little more compression. I need to get rid of the problem asap. Starting a documentary on a distance runner soon and my test footage just isn't working like it should. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Mark Hoffman

Mark Hoffman Active Member

removing those two isolators should do the trick

3. Neil Willis

Neil Willis New Member

Hi Rick,

I know this was a long time ago but did you manage to solve your issue by removing the 2 Central vibration isolators? I’m looking to use my A7Rii and think I’ll get the same issues as it’s a light camera package.

Thanks

4. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

Removing the two center wire rope isolators did not do much. It was a little better but adding a couple of wights helped quite a bit. I just bolted one on the top left and bottom right corner of the baseplate. I did not add them to the gimbal.

I’m still planning on making or buying some later weight isolators.