/dist/images/branding/favicon

Small HD 7", too big for MoVi?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by anthonysneed, May 14, 2018.

1. anthonysneed

anthonysneed Member

I have a Small HD 7" ultrabright, and I'm debating whether or not it's too big for the MoVI. Have you seen people with Gimbals rocking a larger monitor? It's almost double the weight of the 5" and I'm still not sure the best way to power it. Adding an Anton will be crazy and running power from the MoVi might not be the best idea either. What do you think?

2. anthonysneed

anthonysneed Member

I think the ultra brights might be drawing a lot more power but I’m not 100%

3. Andrea Cecchini

I used a SmallHD 702 Bright for a long time Sony batt powered , but lastly I bought a 502 Bright more light less cumbersome and less power drain. I found the 502B very clever because the size and framing. your sight cover the full frame size where the 7inch it doesn't. It makes no sense to have a big and heavy screen on the ring (movipro) where the max distance from the rig is a few cm.

4. anthonysneed

anthonysneed Member

Ah such a great logical way you articulated this. Makes my suspicions clear. Thanks!

5. Jake Wilganowski

I disagree. The weight is negligible. Bigger is better if you are the dp and really need to see details like lighting subtleties

6. Gerfried Guggi

Gerfried Guggi New Member

I also prefer a 7" monitor, as I'm using a support vest (exhauss) and therefore the rig is at a proper viewing distance for 7". Mostly using my Odyssey 7Q as it's also recording. It's powered by D-Tap, great combination. Got a SmallHD 502 (not bright), when I fall back to it sometimes when I work with other cameras, I feel like I can't judge movement that exactly …

7. Nathan Andrew

Nathan Andrew New Member

Just curious Gerfried, what kinda camera are you using and what mount are you using for your 7Q...I am using that monitor as well.

8. Gerfried Guggi

Gerfried Guggi New Member

regarding the 7Q I mostly fly it with my own FS5 for external recording but also use it as a monitor for different kind of cameras. I use the original MoVI quic release plug integrated in the handle. I bought an extra baseplate for the 13mm stud to move the monitor quickly to my magic arm on the side of the ring.
    https://store.freeflysystems.com/products/13mm-quick-release-baseplate

9. Nathan Andrew

Nathan Andrew New Member

That's incredibly helpful Gerfried! Thank you for getting back to me!