/dist/images/branding/favicon

shutter release via spektrum receiver

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Rolf Ableiter, May 4, 2018.

1. Rolf Ableiter

Rolf Ableiter Active Member

Hi,

after so many years flying and filming i now have to take fotos with a 5d.

i found a shutter release cable for RC receivers and want to use it.
    i wanted to bind a spektrum receiver with satellite to my DX7s and plug the sat into the M10 input while using the AR8000 to trigger the camera.
    but the problem is: the AR8000 will not work without the sat...

i asked the support at horizon and the told me, that all their receivers will not work without a satellite.

How do you guys do that?
    thanks!
    Rolf

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Rolf: As I recall, the AR8000 has never been able to work without a satellite -- in contrast with the AR7600/7610 receivers.

I realize that this not the answer you wanted, but I don't think you can solve the problem with the AR8000, I'm afraid.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Rolf Ableiter

yes - thats what the support said.
    but the smaller ones are only 6 channel recievers. i think the M10 uses 6 channels (roll/tilt/yaw/yawcontrol/tiltcontrol/switch)
    and i need channel 7.
    is there any other way to trigger a camera?

4. Rolf Ableiter

if i want to switch to futaba, wich futaba set is the right one (the cheapest possible)?
    do i need the T14SG (wich i use for my ALTA) or will the cheaper ones work with the MoVI?
    can i then plug the SBUS connector to the MoVI and use another channel to shutter my canon 5D via my RC shutter release cable?
    i still have a couple of days before that job and i don't want to buy the wrong transmitter to still have time enough to configure everything.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Personally, I'd go with another T14SG for two reasons: 1) We know it works, and 2) you will then have a backup for the primary transmitter should you ever need one. Just my opinion, of course, so it's worth what you're (not) paying for it! :rolleyes:

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

6. Rolf Ableiter

and the FASSTest receiver bundled with this transmitter ist compatible with the M10?
    i can remember it has to be a FASST receiver...

btw: you are sure, that the AR7600 will work without satelllite? i found a used one and could buy it. It is a 7channel receiver and i should find a way to trigger the camera with AUX2...

7. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Rolf i use spektrum and yes you have to have a satellite to get to work there is a plug on the side for both the ar8000 and a7600

8. Rolf Ableiter

wich means, the AR7600 won't work without sat too?

is there someone using rc (spektrum, futaba) to trigger a photo camera?

and Jason: do you use spektrum for shutter release?

9. Jason Smoker

I just read the manual on the spektrum website and it says it can work without the sat!!!

i have never tested the AR7600 though! i also read on another forum that it can work so there u go i was wrong!!

Yes i use spektrum for shutter release i use this cable

https://www.quadrocopter.com/gentWIRE-FOCUS-018C3_p_1538.html

plugged into the aux2 channel on the ar8000 works no problem at all for both photos and video.

10. Rolf Ableiter

sounds great! thank you!
    so i will give this try :)

just for my understanding: so you use a second transmitter just to trigger the camera?

and: what about the aux port at the MoVI? did sou use that? since 4.01 there is this shutter functionality but i can't find anything about how to use it...

11. Rolf Ableiter

so - today i got my shutter release cable (PWM to IR).
    i didn't look to the radio settings of the M10 for a long time and the good thing is: channel 5 (GEAR) is the free channel and so i can use the cheap AR6210 with 6 channels. This can be used without a Satellite and i hope i can power it from the S.BUS output of the MoVI (cutting the signal cable of course) to keep it as simple as it could.

12. Jason Smoker

Rolf,
    no second controller is required just a spare channel on the controller

please watch this video

after that it you should be able to figure it out.

BY the way those AR6210 needs a sat to work but that other one ar7600 does not

13. Rolf Ableiter

OMG - this is so easy to do with my existing AR8000... (i have several of them because i own 2 DX7s and some more planes and Helis all with AR8000)
    that's what i needed... thank you!

The Spektrum support told me, that the AR6210 is the only one wich can be used without Satellite... let's see... if not, i will use it with Sat...

14. Rolf Ableiter

done :)

for everybody running into the same problem: you CAN use the AR6210 without satellite!
    binding the receiver with sat to your DX7s, plug the sat into the MoVI's spektrum sat input, plug the AR6210 into the SBUS input of the MoVI (don't forget to cut the signal wich is whit or yellow). that's it.

you can find the AR6210 still in stock of some resellers. but they aren't in production anymore. all new receivers need the binded satellite to work.

Jason Smoker likes this.
  15. Frank-Michael Krause

Hello all,

I want to reanimate my Alta 6 for some "Photoruns".

I have a Fuji XT-3.

--> This is what I did as a quick fix -->

But I am sure there is a proper way with a shuttercable that works on a RC system. Some neat piece of electronic is missing for sure!

Any help would be appriciated.

Thank u guys
    Michael

16. Jason Smoker